Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Spelling errar


Apologies. Yesterday Thonotossassa got spelled several different ways, none of which were correct. The preceeding spelling is correct according to the highway sign outside Hardee's.

If you live in the south, and you and all your friends speak southernly, phoenetic spelling is not really an option. As I repeatedly must larn.

So they want to open the French Quarter before they have drinking water, medical care or reliable police. Like the hand painted sign down on Bourbon St used to remind us. In N'awlins, "It's not the heat, it's the stupidity."


I'm not really sure why Spiderman is a superhero. Or Batman for that matter. Let him forget to come to work one day without his bat belt, then see what happens. "This shark has my Bat leg. I'll just grab the Bat Shark Repellant* and... Oh Nooooooo!! The pain. The horror! But mostly...THE PAIN!!" Yeah. But I digress.

What does Spiderman really do? Swings around downtown, mostly. All he's got is the web stuff he shoots and honestly, without seeming too nit picky, how difficult can that really be to defeat? He has a quick wit and a spidey sense that sometimes tingles. So what. I have a quick wit and sometimes tingle. Does that make me a crimefighter? Nope. In fact, I am pretty sure that unless there are juveniles, well, pre-teens really, involved if I am in a fight and a butt kicking takes place, it'd be my butt what got kicked. Call it an educated guess. Remember though, throw a toddler in the mix and it's Bang! Zoom! A whole 'nother story, Alice.


Here I am at Jack Rabbit Slim's. Anybody seen Uma?

That's about it. Nothing exciting here. I leave you with another old one. Not "high school" old, but old enough. (I cannot get this spaced the way I like. It's doing this space and a half/double space thing that I hate. The mentioned entry will be in a separate post below.)

* This scene really was in the Batman movie. The one with Adam West many years ago.

0 Transfats, out,
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That HQ one that you can get for $5 in a bargain DVD bin, and you buy it for the fact that it has all the words when there are fights but then you are disapointed because there are only words in the very last fight but you arent disapointed because there are exploding sharks and rehydrated-dehydrated pirates. Yeah that movie. Yeah that one - Jn

11:23 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Jess. Dat one. Most folks don't remember it.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Don't feel bad, my dadd and other anonymous people pick on my spelling. The guy in the post below looks like a chubby version of Mike Ness from Social Distortion. Sick Boy.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home