Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Thanking Buddha for the ironing


I do not have much furniture in the house. And it'll be like that for the next 9 days or so. Luckily what I do have is really big and heavy. And just will not slide on my carpet. And all needed to be moved yesterday. And all got moved yesterday.

See the living room just became the TV room. It's bigger for one thing. We want to have friends over for movies and this allows us to seat five or six comfortably with good views all around. And the actual TV room is an addition to the house and just does not get the AC it should. Nong figured out how to remedy that by putting the thermo to about 64 degrees, but the rest of the house was freezing and I simply cannot afford to cool like that.

What was the TV room just became the Buddha room and ironing central. We got the iron, ironing board, an assortment of starches, nice wooden hangers and this steel tube contraption that allows for hanging and sorting the clothes as they transform from wrinkle cloth to dress shirt awaiting transport to my business clothes closet. And all of this is accomplished now under the watchful eye of Buddha. And his chickens.

Which reminds me. I have not yet worn the same tie twice to work. Don't know if anybody there has noticed, but I have. I still have about 13 more to go before I begin to repeat myself. Same is true for cufflinks, although I only have today and one more before they begin repeating. Am I a clothes horse or what?

I am waiting, like a pound and a half bass, with baited breath for my "authorization" to show up on the Florida Department of Financial Services website so I can schedule my licensing test. I kinda have mixed feelings about the test. Yesterday I was on a prep site, basically an 800 question testbank with in depth explanations of why the right answers are right and the wrong answers are wrong, and I was clipping along getting 8 or 9 out of every 10 correct. Mom dropped by and I said, "Hey, check this out. I'm doing pretty good at this. Watch me do these next five." And you know what happened next. Pick an answer-INCORRECT. Second choice-INCORRECT. Third choice, you guessed it-INCORRECT. I could see in Mom's eyes, the way they kinda started tearing up, that she was seeing a future spent supporting her poor unemployed son and his wife. I did manage to get off that stream of bad luck simply by logging off of the web site and quitting for the day. I couldn't have studied much longer anyway. Dog: The Bounty Hunter was going to come on.

I turned on a feature that makes you type into a text box to leave a comment. I deeply regret the inconvienence. Ever so deeply regret it and the regret is from my bottom and my heart. But it is supposed to stop the automatic spam and am all for that.

I find spam to be just rude. Like coming home and finding that someone came into your house, made some popcorn and settled down in front of the tube to watch some VH1 Where Are They Now. If I wanted you there I'd have invited you. Don't just suppose that because you can get here that I want you here. Like I said, rude. With a capital RU.

It's a short morning as I have to go into the office. You've heard of The Cat in The Hat, right? Last night, all night, I had A Cat For A Hat. Curled up across the top of my head...snoring. Life is just so amusing most of the time. It makes me smile.

(Haru says: Life is so dang amusing. Smile, Eddie-san)

Dessicant. DO NOT EAT, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the "hunter" she is the "gatherer/nest-builder". You will be permitted to purchase the house, all decorations and furniture to her specifications. After about version 4 or 5 the arrangements/decorations will be pronounced "satisfactory, for now".
With luck, you will be permitted a small space to call "yours", until company arrives, then its "theirs". This is true in most cultures. Accept the inevitable and BE HAPPY!! Olengineer

6:30 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Haven't worn the same tie twice since signing on with that firm? And you've still got 13 to go before you do have to start repeating?

Ramblin' Ed... just how many cravats do you have there?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I have a lot. See, I like nice clothes to start with. And a nice tie is a nice tie, so if I see one, especially overseas where a really good one is $2-$3, I buy it.

The tailor shops in Bangkok often throw in silk ties to sweeten the deal when you're bargaining the price of the suits you're fixing to buy.

My wife knows I like ties so she'll bring me 4 or 5 off a shopping trip, I suppose under the theory that if she brings me back $25 worth of stuff the other $265 is justified.

Anyway, it all adds up to where I've got a lot of ties. What can I say?

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home