Thursday, January 05, 2006

Shasta Shortz


We bought Shasta Shortz Camo Orange Creme sodas yesterday. Tastes just like a Dreamsicle. Do your mouth a favor. Get some of these. And quit kissing ugly people.

As I was signing various and sundry paperwork my first day at work I realized that this may well be the first contract I've ever signed for a job that actually contained the word "chaos" in the legalese.

We had to put training on hold for 10 minutes the second night while the instructor and 4 students had a deep and animated discussion of which character in DragonballZ is best. The best I could figure it, it is either a fantasy show or a fantasy cartoon. I am apparently the only one, besides the dude that's older than me, that doesn't have the Sci-Fi Channel schedule committed to memory.

I just sat and pondered, after watching my "co-workers" in action, the following: Would better prenatal controls alleviate the need for better parental controls?

Me and the wife had a really good time together grocery shopping. We laughed and smiled and talked. Like I said, we were enjoying each other's company.

Often a product will catch her eye, but she won't be sure what it is/what it does. Or she'll notice variations of the same thing (such a cold medicine, cold medicine + sinus, cold medicine+allergy, etc) and ask me which one does the thing she wants. So when she was looking at toilet bowl cleaners, and the plethora of choices in front of her, I was not surprised to hear her ask, "What does this mean?"

She was holding a squeeze bottle of some name brand toilet bowl cleaner, perhaps Clorox, I can't quite recall, and pointing to the words NOW WITH TEFLON. Now even I'm not real sure about why you'd need a teflon coated toilet bowl, but ventured a guess, explained my theory to her, and we just stood there and had a good laugh together. Simple fun and simple times.

This is only about 5 1/2 years old. It's simple and direct, like a good country song. So whip out yer banjos and play along.


Your Cheating Ways

Your cheating ways ain't seen the days that I've seen come and go.
The sun just cannot warm your cold, cold heart.
Sweetheart you came but could not stay in love with me alone.
You never even tried to play the part.

My heart just played into your games and never knew the rules.
It was not hard to make a fool of me.
Your cheating ways ain't seen the days that I've seen come and go.
I used to find it easy to believe.

Your cheating ways ain't seen the days that I've seen come and go.
The sun just cannot warm your cold, cold heart.
Sweetheart you came but could not stay in love with me alone.
You never even tried to play the part.

And still I thought that I might hold you in my arms alone.
Perhaps become your object of desire.
But now I see it cannot be and I must let you go.
It looks as though there's one of us a liar.

Your cheating ways ain't seen the days that I've seen come and go.
The sun just cannot warm your cold, cold heart.
Sweetheart you came but could not stay in love with me alone.
You never even tried to play the part.

Ed
Hotel Yokosuka 307

A penny for your thoughts, for your dreams of yesterday, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Teflon in the toilet bowl cleaner... that is a strange one, R' Ed. Did y'all buy it?

11:08 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ummm...why yes, we actually did. I figured, "Why not? Why shouldn't our toilet bowl be just slicker'n s**t?"

1:17 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

By the way, Gunner, I notice you've had the same avatar for quite some time now. I remember you used to change them quite frequently.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Astute observation there, Ramblin' Ed Abernathy.

That particular avatar is a Lee-Enfield No. 4 being loaded with a charger* of five .303 Brit rounds. I've one or two Lee-Enfields laying about the house, so I have a liking for that particular graphic.

But, you're right, it has been there for a bit, maybe it is time for a change.

*That's what the Brits call a clip. Todays mil surplus gun collector tip is "Remember also that a clip is NOT a magazine." A clip holds the rounds and is used to charge the weapon and upon successful completion of that it is then removed (other than the M-1 Garand which retains the clip in the magazine well).

A magazine holds the rounds and remains in the weapon in order for the weapon to load the round into the firing chamber.


Or some such mumbo-jumbo like that.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home