Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We-e-e-e-er'e GRRRREAT!!


I just got done watching the NC State- Seton Hall game that I recorded last night. What a great game. We are ranked #14 and Seton Hall is unranked. It's an out of conference game and we're at home. And here is what we were great at, listed below:

1. We were great at not hitting shots or displaying any offense at all.
2. We were great at not getting in the way of their players, which allowed them a more comfortable enviornment for scoring against us.
3. We were great at not getting any offensive rebounds, maintaining a nearly perfect 1 offensive rebound to their 12. 1 less and it would have been perfect.
4. And we were great about doubling up turnovers to assists, having 15 to's to 8 assists.

In summary, while the score may have been a little more lopsided had we just kept our team on the bench and off the floor, the game would not have been near so ugly. Back the Pack.

My dog, the one trapped n a cat's body, took the morning walk as an opportunity to wander down to the dirty mud puddle, flop down in the middle of it on his back, and roll around. Very much against his protests, he recieved a shower, blow dry and brushing before being allowed back in the house. During the shower, he stood there with his head under the running water and purred. Pictures available for a later post.

Am going to enroll the wife in beauty school for nail technician and facial cosmotology. It seems like a logical step, getting her licensed, on our way to the end goal of opening a shop, or, another business idea I am trying to flesh out in my mind.

Last night I had both the HDD recorder (basketball) and the VCR (LOST) going at the same time. Call it wishful thinking, since I average 1 hour or less of TV per day now. When I do get time, I have quite a stash of unwatched TV ready.

I have been recieving very good remarks on the customer satisfaction surveys that the customers I assist fill out afterward. Very nice comments, indeed. I kinda want to save them and frame them, but, well, that'd be kind of low rent, really. Still, I am glad the folks find me friendly and helpful. Tech support is not all that difficult.

We found some ten million dollar bills at the flea market. We were trying to pay dad back, AND let him keep the change, but he was being a stickler for that whole "this note legal tender" being on the bill. I told him don't worry, it has Reagan on it and we all knew we could trust him, but dad still declined. Dang! Now I'm back to square one.


There was a comment about "so, you help your wife? My husband stays out of my way." I am not in favor of her doing everything. I am just as equally not in favor of me doing everything. I am completely in favor of us doing things to keep the house in order together. I tend to step in automatically and divide labor on those type of tasks. She tends to do the same. Where there are competing interests for a slice of time, we tend to bargain and look for compromise. I'll take her to the flea market all day Saturday for some peace and quiet during the playoff games on Sunday. It works pretty good.

The only glitch to this whole division of labor/bargain/compromise thing we have going on is that for me, being on my second marriage, I see that it is a pretty equitable arrangement. Especially in light of my previous experience. For her, on her first marriage, it has always been that way and she has the sneaky suspicion that I could shoulder a little more of the equal load or compromise a little less often. And by compromise a little less often, I of course mean do it her way more often. But all in all, we run pretty smoothly.

OK, I swore to RQ when I was getting ready to retire that I would still be able to blog at least once, and possibly several times, per day. I lied, obviously. I'm not even sure civilian days are as long as navy days, because I am getting a whole boatload of nothing done, and I never have the time I need to (not) do it. My apologies.

Hopefully a poem tomorrow.

Sarcasm is a free service offered here, out
Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well dagonit, Ramblin' Ed, if you're that good at it maybe you ought to just go into it fulltime but don't leave the house!

I told Mrs GunTrash that if I get bored or feel the need to pick up an extra nickel or two* that'd probably be the route I'd go. Pajama Customer Service Rep!

*At the price of lumber/building products I may be looking for another spare nickel soon if I plan on finishing that garage without havving to get a 2nd mortgage! :-)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Wow, kinda interesting. But I'd never get anything done.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Yeah, that was one of my thoughts also. I'd have to put the 'puter and phone in the tool shed to get any work done,.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I just realised that I'm tired. What does that have to do with you? Nothing I suppose.

Anyhow...I agree that folks should share responsabilities around the house. (some) people getting maried the first time around think that it's easy. I've learned better. That's why I wait for a woman with six arms...

Ed, reading this I realised you've been through alot this past year. Still, you've got alot to grin about.
This was a spotblog.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Thanks AI. This year has been tough. Retiring from a job I liked. The uncertianty of job hunting. Settling for much less pay than I am worth. Me and the wife both getting ready to start school. It's been a real shock to the system.

But if I am nothing else, I am one of those "glass half full" guys. And I try to see the humor in everything. Thanks for noticing.

Wish I had the time to blog more, but I stay exhausted.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home