Friday, January 13, 2006

So you're saying I should purchase the warranty?


Thank goodness it's the weekend. Nevermind that I'm just starting my shift as y'all are coming home. It's still the end of the week.

Just found out that I only missed passing the Algebra challenge exam by one question, and only missed passing the Computer challenge exam by one question. The English Comp, which I really had figured was an ace (except maybe for the comma question) was way off. I only pulled a 60% on that one. So, whatever. I told Preet that I would just take the courses and to put any other non-traditional methods back into their box. I would do it the old fashioned way: study and test.

Just to confirm what you all suspect, I am, indeed, still a most polite fellow. Just can't help myself.

I think we are to get moderate to severe thunderstorms this evening. In fact The Weather Channel says to excpect them between midnight and 1 AM. Hmmmm, who do I know that gets off work at 1245 AM? Well, there's me....

I told Yuki that a lot of you liked her story. She did a slight curtsy, and said to thank you all.

Man, I make some really good jambalaya. I do like to cook. But for some reason this pot gave me gas pretty bad. I hope telling you that didn't hurt the credibility of my politeness statement above. Anyway, I made this pot like I make most of the jambalaya I make, with spicy smoked sausage. I'll throw together a pot made with shrimp every now and then for the wife. But I love jambalaya and hate seafood, so I make the shrimp stuff infrequently. For me, siding them up with corn muffins and butter is... is.... well, it's mmmmm-licious.

All Fired Up and No Place to Go

I think the wife works this weekend, both days. If so, I am going to try to write some new stuff. I still have old stuff to share, but I am slowly but surely using it up. I somehow lost 2 books (700 - 1000 of my poems) a while back and that really put a dent into my repitoire. I am most saddened because those were all my "storyteller" stuff. I explored the civil war, travel, raising youngin's and, of course, the big 3: good love, bad love, lost love. Might have even been some of my more, shall we say... psychedelic stuff, too. I can't really rememebr. All I know is that I hate that I lost them.

Quiet Place

Will you turn your head from my outstretched hand
pretend like it ain't something you can see?
Are you hard and rough? Are you big enough?
Are you just another lie that I've believed?

What I suspect. And I don't want to know.
Smiles apart and still the distance grows.
I will close my eyes to better comfort me
a quiet place beside a different road.

When our hearts beat close and times like those
Time's a friend I don't think that I need.
It's an aching hurt. And dark as dirt.
I ain't used to having thoughts like these.

What I suspect. Maybe I don't know.
Drifting smiles apart the distance grows.
I will hold my hand to the flame to see
if love is pain and I can make it grow.

I am tired and worn. Like my heart is torn.
Don't care my stories do or don't get told.
Murder twists like rage in a rusted cage
begs a steady hand to keep control.

What I suspect. What I think you know.
Our smile's a part of all we should believe.
The things you say, they will have their day,
but words lie trampled down beneath our deeds.

Will you turn away? That's a dangerous thing.
Calm ain't always calm as it might seem.
If the songs you hear but the words aren't clear
What's become of lies that I've believed?

I gave the heart that beat for you inside of me
you brought me lies that oh so slowly bleed.

Ed
Kamakura 22

For external use only, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I've noticed a drop in movie theater restroom stories. They used to be a somewhat regular feature of your blog, R' Ed.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, friend o' mine, working again, and especially working nights has kind of put an end to the Tuesday evening movies.

But rest assured, should I go to the movies, I will definately stop to tinkle before heading home. And should there be an incident, occurance or revalation during said tinkle stop I will certianly relay it to you.

Hope that clears things up some, Gunner.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home