Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I have become comfortably dumb

No one will be referred to today as being naked, stark or otherwise. That was a momentary laugh in, I mean lapse in judgement. I am very sorry, and I assure you that it will happen again.

From last night in training class. One of the girls who will soon be manning the AOL technical help desk, in reference to our lengthy discussion of malware, viruses and spyware, asked, "Do all new computers come loaded with these spywares?"

I want to get a picture of this but I don't know the policy on cameras in the building yet. It is a sticker on the Coke machine and it looks official enough. But it does not make sense. Now these are the kind of people who make lava lamps out of 3 taped together styrofoam cups and a red felt tip pin, so it could be a joke, even though it looks completely real to me.

The sticker says FL law 23.776.3b* requires this sticker. If this sticker is missing, call 1-800-555- 2222*. That's it. No official numbers or seals. Just that this sticker is required and the number to call if it isn't there, which, to me anyway, presents it's own set of problems. I looked around and didn't see another sticker in close enough proximity to be being referenced to. I dunno. Signed, I.M. Baffled.

To the person that will apprieciate this reference: I failed my next challenge exam this morning all by myself. This is turning out to be quite the humbling experience. I still have one chance to redeem myself, but like an expired pickle coupon, I might not be redeemable.

One more day of minimal blogging. Hang in there. And, by the way, I was amused and pleasantly suprised at all the comments I got yesterday. Y'all folks out there constantly amaze me, and I mean that mostly in a good way.

I don't remember who, probably Murf, cracked me up yesterday on AI's blog. Told him basically, "Yeah, yeah...get off yer butt and post something new." A little indelicate, but funny nonetheless.

* I didn't think to copy the real number.

How high's the water, Mama?, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot more courses can be sold if one fails the challange and one does not know what was incorrect.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Mr. Anon Mous, I am here for the party, and if that means buying more courses, well I guess that's what I'll do.

Murf, Murf, Murf. You have always sometimes made me smile. That's why I keep you right here, in my peripheral vision.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home