Sunday, January 08, 2006

Well, well, well...Didn't know that!


Found out this morning that JIF Super Crunch and Lucky Charms taste very, very good together. But then of course, EVERYTHING tastes better with peanut butter. My method is to get a good ol' gob stopping spoonful of crunchy peanut butter and dip it in to the bowl of cereal and milk. At first you get a lot of PB but just only a few klingon Lucky Charms and not much milk at all. Then it starts to equal out. I tell you, this rivals putting PB in with your sliced peaches & syrup on the good stuff scale.

Watched the NC State UNC basketball game...Mom, if you have not watched the tape yet, skip this paragraph.... and it was a very good game. You know, NCSU went in ranked #12 in the nation and UNC is #20-something. But, Dangit, no matter what, State always blows it against Carolina. Last night was no exception. Makes me so mad. But what are you gonna do? If you're a fan, a real fan, you always come back to cheer them on.

I finished my first week of work. It could be fun. It could be exasperating. Guess we'll have to hang on to see. Anyway, it gives me something to do and gets me out of the house a little. But...

It has already led me to a new addiction. A little lady so insiduous. I try to walk away, I try to quit her. But I always come back to her warm sweetness. That's right, I've discovered Swiss Miss Spiced Apple Cider, which I, of course, drink hot. I had been making Swiss Miss hot chocolate using coffee rather than hot water because you can't taste the coffee but it'll buzz you right up. There were also packets of the cider so I tried one. Then another. And soon, I couldn't stop myself. I never knew that hot chocolate was a gateway drug.

Was out yard working again today. The guy down the street wanted a pine tree downed and wondered if I could make a tree fall where I wanted it to. Of course I can, I told him. And I can. Dropped that thing down the middle of the road, not even so much as glancing a car, house, mailbox or street reflector. We descended upon it immediately, like piranahs... chain saw weilding piranahs. Chainsaw weilding piranahs with bad attitudes and wild eyed looks. Chainsaw weilding piranahs who... well, you get the idea. We were piranah-like and had our saws out. So anyway, we had the dang thing limbed and drug back out of the road before the first car came by.

I got to thinking, "No need to waste a perfectly warmed up Poulan chainsaw", so I took down two big ol' crepe myrtles growing in my yard. Only took 'em down to stumpage, though. I'll yank one out with the truck to make room for a Thai fruit tree. The other one, I'm expecting will explode with new growth come spring and be right beautiful. Otherwise, you know, if it don't do that, I just got me a yard stump on my hands. So cross your fingers.

Hard to believe this took me all day. But, it did.

The monkeys seem willing to strike up a tune, out
Ramblin Ed

4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... our tastebuds must be in tune...I just brought a huge jar of the "Extra Crunchy" peanut butter this evening.

(can't do the Lucky Charms though)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I just report the facts, ma'am. I have no authority (legal, moral, or otherwise)to make you do any of the breakfast cereals currently on the market.

If I like something, I will eventually get around to pairing it up with PB. Within reason, of course. Never had the desise to slap it on lasagne or black eyed peas. But do put in on candy, ice cream, cookies, etc.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Murf, I can suppose that the person you mentions is now eating that ceral/pop combination without his real teeth, right?

Uses Mountian Dew, is what I'm guessing. Although, it does have the same hue as urine, which might not make for all that pleasant of a breakfast experience. It may seem more like Snap! Crackle! and Piss!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Ed, I bet you'd enjoy the Buddy McNutty game being you're such a PB afficiando!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home