Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm a Gangsta, beeyatch!


Well, I'll say that the good thing about working at night is the being tired. You just can't get enough of feeling beat down. And, of course, as I mentioned before, the Swiss Miss Spiced Apple Cider. Mmmmm.... cider.

Well, it's a clean sweep. I failed the last challenge exam. And it was English! I was sure I was doing well on it, so I'm wondering what's going on. I mean despite my copious use of colloquialisms, and the occasionally fat fingered keystroke that results in a wrong or missing or inserted letter, I am very good with English. Or at least I thought I was.

Now there was one question pertaining to comma usage that I very likely missed because, as we all know, when in doubt I comma out. But I should have gotten at least all of the others correct. This is pissing me off. Seems they want you to know a whole lot of stuff to call yourself educated. Dang educators!

On a brighter note, somebody named Fannie Mae seems to want to lend me money for this whole educational endeavor. She seems like a nice enough lady, although, while I hesitate to call her masculine, she does bear a resemblance to my Uncle Sam. I'll be giving her a shout out after I finish this.

Last night in training we took the customer phone calls for a while. That was fun and this job is going to be exceedingly easy. I am also learning a lot of other things I didn't even know I wanted to know. Didin't even know that I didn't know. Such things as the guy who sits behind me is a self-described, "Gangsta, bitch!" Now as you can see, that's some mighty handy information. Especially if you ever have the need arise to have some nineteen year old gangstering done. Bitch.

It is a nice warm day. I keep wanting to transplant some new plants that I got recently. The weather seems receptive to it, but I keep coming back to the fact that this is January and next month is February. And no matter what, this is still North America. Since it has been a long time since I lived here last, I can't rely on experience so much. So I am just going to have to rely on the calendar and the calendar says wait until the first of March to stick anything new in the ground.

In Virginia, I always used to rub my chin and wonder when it was going to ever rain again. In Louisiana, I used to scratch my head and wonder if it was ever going to stop raining again. Here I just can't figure out for sure when seasons end and begin. But one thing's for sure: Planting houses is ALWAYS in season here.


I Ain't Much Excitement

I ain't much excitement, y'all
hell raisin' days are behind me now
traipsed out in the bayou
settled down dirt road style

4 wheel drive, all dirt, no chrome
wood smoke smellin' like home sweet home
a rebel at heart
red necked and countrified

But just step back a few years or so
we was drinking whiskey and rolling smoke
it was gator country and we was feeling right
we was kinda wild, it was kinda fun
going nowhere at a full tilt run
in a Florida haze, them Florida days and nights

I ain't the wild dog I once was
howling til the sun comes up
this dog don't hunt no more
that suits me fine

Gone hand to hand and toe to toe
yeah, you and me, we run some roads
in Mike's Mustang
but I left that behind

I had the white pills, you had green
just shake 'em up and split 'em clean
on down the middle... down the hatch
it's how you feel, not how you act
we was kinda wild, it was kinda fun
going nowhere at a flat out run
in a Florida haze, them Florida days and nights

Yeah, we were young and bulletproof
hell bent on a wasted youth
burning fast, the flames took off
now, I ain't real excitin' y'all

Those days were crazy, you and me
didn't know footloose from fancy free
but our hearts beat with the rhythm of our time
we was kinda crazy, it was kinda fun
you smiled at me and off we run
in a Florida haze, them Florida days and nights


Ed
Yokosuka, Japan

We're coming to your town, we're gonna party it down, out

Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

I love the last stanza!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I've been MIA for a few...I've hardly kept up with anyone. I can't say I know exactly what's happenning, but, you make it sound so "happenning" with this Gangsta talk. If your coming to my town and party it down, go ahead. Buttholeville could use the excitement.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

That's straight out trippin', dog. But I do snag what your saying.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home