Friday, March 03, 2006

I am so sorry, but it appears my karma just ran over your dogma


The title? I don't know. Not like I'm feeling all philosophical or navel gazer today. Just always liked it, and to tell the truth, I am pro-karma and anti-dogma.

The more I am exposed to the local politics down here the more I want to live alone on an island. I had forgotten just how thoroughly driven to control the lives of others Americans were. I mean I knew about it, I just had forgotten how strong the urge was, what with my ex-pat like existence and all.

Anyway, I've never been real sympathetic to the Dem's platform. And now, the more I hear from the shrill politicians down here, I'd rather shoot myself than vote for the Republican candidates.

According to one particularly fearsome county commissioner there are only two types of people in Hillsborough County. Scoolchiildren and people dancing nekkid. She's all about one and the mortal enemy of the other. Which I suppose would be OK if she did ANYTHING else with her time and our money. Well, actually, she's been so busy worrying about nekkid people, she's not done so much on the school children front yet.

Then there are the 3 County Commissioners that, while listening to the impassioned pleas of their constituents who feel besieged by rampant runaway growth and development, coupled with a complete lack of infrastructure improvement planning, are taking a full 3 minutes to listen before beginning to web surf through the rest of the meeting. I am thinking that if they removed some startup programs windows would boot faster and they could get on to ignoring their constituents faster.

I mean c'mon. One of the arrogant SOBs even tried to justify that visiting a golf equipment site and a travel agent during a meeting with constituents concerned that their neighborhood was being swallowed up was somehow actually official County business. They ought not have to wait for an election. People like that should be subject to firing for cause. If a lesser County employee was abusing his government computer, especially to the detriment of his work, he'd be let go immediately.

Cats are fine. I, however, am all scratched up. I mean really scratched up. Arm shredded, stomach not quite so bad and leg a little. My first wife made giving a cat a pill look so simple and effortless. Pop it in, hold the snout a second while massaging the neck, and there.... all done. I try the same thing and I look like I spent my weekend in hand to hand trying to take Hamburger Hill. And it's not like you can reason with them. "You need to take this pill because there are worms coming out of your butt. Hey, no problem, I knew you'd want to know."

College is going well. Sorry I ignored y'all this weekend some but I have found that for some reason my grades are better when I put some effort into my assignments. Plus it was retiree payday so we had to head to the big city to go to the commissary for food. We also always stop at the Asian Market on grocery day because we have to. Some of the stuff isn't sold in American stores.

Nong will start school on March 14th. So soon, this will be a wacky hippy house too. What with all the college students and critters... and bills... and mortgages... and responsibilities. Dang! Maybe not.

Anyway, the work week has started again, so I am more or less back for at least 5 days.

No!... YOU'RE out of order, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay happy hippies...boo responsibility and homework.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yeah, American grocery stores aren't big on shrimp with heads, squids, lechees, pancit noodles, shrimp paste, fish sauce and a myriad of other ethnic foods. We load up about once a month at our local Asian store.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I used to stop at the squid stand occasionally and have a pressed squid and something else that for the life of me I can't remember now. The decision to stop was directly related to how many Singhas I'd had before getting in the samlar.

We'll see you on the 8th, Ed.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home