Saturday, February 18, 2006

Domo Arigato, peeps


Well, I was gonna get back to you yesterday, but checking my way back machine here, it appears that I didn't. Must apologize and then I... must... move... on.

I will put the emails last in this post because of the self congratulatory tone of them. I have some other stuff to post and I don't want you to miss it because you quit reading today in mid-email. I just have a hunch that I may have enjoyed reading them more than you will.

Here's a sad statement on Bay Area Traffic. President Bush visited the area yesterday and traveled to two area locations by motorcade. Despite the motorcade and Secret Service precautions, morning rush hour was expected to be normal. And by normal, we of course understand, FUBAR.

Yesterday I had to pee. No need for alarm, it happens almost daily. As I was finally able to slip away from the desk and go, I noticed some blood from my nose. Great, my nose was bleeding. While I suppose it could have been that I had my finger jammed way up there trying to grab a little crusty as I walked, I prefer to think that I had to pee so bad it made my nose bleed.

GREAT QUOTES:
"Never bet your life on someone else's opinion." -Matt Dillon, as he was told by a "madman"
"This is not a time to be busy, it is a time to be useful." - The Coal Miners Daughter

I was thinking about sodbuster's yesterday, and no, even I don't know how something like that just pops into your head as you try to repair software over the phone. But it did. And it allowed me to reach the inescapable conclusion that sodbuster is apretty cool word.

OK, homework is done. Trivial tidbits are posted. Guess it's time for the emails. But first, I just want to say this. I really like being polite and helpful. I guess it shows over the phone. The first guy was from the Bronx, was stuck in his room with an injury that kept him from being mobile, and was mad at the world. When he called he was ready to fight. We worked for an hour and had a successful go of it. So, like I noted yesterday, patience is a strong suit of mine. OK, unless I think we're going to be late for an appointment. Then I get all anal.

Oh, by the way, I scrubbed references to my company's name. Not sure how they would feel, so I err on the side of caution.

No. 1
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I WAS JUST ON WITH YOUR TECHNICIAN WILLIAM AND HE IS EXCELLENT. HE IS THE BEST PERSON I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH AT (your company). I WOULD NOT LET HIM LEAVE UNTIL HE WALKED ME THRU THE ENTIRE PROCESS EVEN THOUGH HE WAS TRYING TO GO TO OTHER PEOPLE. IF YOU WOULD HIRE MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH YOU. HE IS DEFINITELY AN ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY AND I HOPE YOPU REALIZE THAT. BEFORE TODAY I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THIS GENTLEMAN. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS ANY OF THIS WITH ME PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO BECAUSE THIS PERSON IS EXCEPTIONAL AND YOU SHOULD VIEW HIM THAT WAY- THANK YOU, B. ZARET

No. 2
To the supervisor at tech support! I would like to bring to your attention the outstanding help I received from William today! I had a problem connecting to (your company)in the last 2 weeks and was actually dreading to make a phone call to fix it. Finally I decided to call today and spend a part of my day off fixing it. Thanks to William it went FAST and ENJOYABLE! I could actually understand him very well which is so different from what Hewlett Packard provides you with their techs from India. Hard to believe, isn't it? I just wanted to share that with you! My case #XXXXXXX 02/14/06. Thanks again.

There are more, but these two were the best. It's a crappy, low paying job, but I still try to help the folks on the other end. Heaven knows, some of them really, really need it.

"Yo, ho ho", the pimp hailed his two employees, out
Ramblin' Ed

6 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the obligatory " and a bottle of Rum"?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

There you go. How many of us can say that everyday we help total strangers. I certainly can't.

Just curious though, why do you use an alias at work? Why not Harold or Roger or Leon or Justin or Ed, even. Why did you choose William?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

My real name is William Edward. I'd say Ed to them, but the machine will send them a survey for William, so I just accept it.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Murf, I am both understanding and understandable.
(William)Ed

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since its sort of come up and name choice is more than a little important in my opinion...why did you go with Ed? -Jn

9:06 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I woke the other morning and blew my nose, heck...that was a mistake. I was all dried out from running a space heater in my bed room. It looked as if there was a dreadful murder in my bathroom. Darn near scared me. I sympathize.

I see there is a new model on wicked weasel. I just might marry that girl. OH, speaking of weddings...please remind me not to be in a wedding again. Unless it's my own. And then only maybe.
7 letters. better than 8 I reckon.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home