Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pepe as a study in rocketry (and gratuitous cat pictures)


At the end of this post are some cat pictures because I think that the way he crawls up into my wife's arms to sleep is kinda cute. Like a big furry baby, or, as I think is more the case, a dog in a cat's body. But we have covered that before. Anyhoo, if you don't like to see pictures of other people's pets (and honestly, who does?) just stop at the first one. They're not going to get any more interesting as you go. Trust me, I've never lied to you before.

Now, let's tell the tale of near feline rocketry, shall we?
So Pepe had done his bidness in the super clean, ultra efficient, enclosed litter box with the swinging door that I had bought before I realized that I really didn't have the money to buy stuff like that. It's pretty nice for a plastic place to defecate.


So Pepe, as I stated, has done his bidness and managed to also track some litter across the floor, despite the enclosed nature of the defecation palace and the long blade astroturf like mat designed to stop the tracking of litter. Now the wife notices that the cat has either not wiped his butt properly or completely. Either way there are a few of those unsightly klingons.

So she tries, and the emphasis here really should be on the word tried, to hand me a tissue and told me to wipe his butt. Normally, we share household duties (but not doodies, apparently bwah-ha-ha-ha!) to which she received a resounding no. Several times in fact. I am not going to wipe a cat's butt for him and you are welcome to get mad about it. I am content to make sure he don't sit on me and that's about as far as I'm taking it.

So, I look over and she's spraying Bactine on a tissue. Then it hits me. She's going to bactine his butt and he's gonna leave a hole in the living room wall in one of those silhouettes of himself like they do in the cartoons. I stopped her, while looking at Pepe and telling him that I just saved his life. She thought it was more of a cleaner and less of a disinfectant, a mistake you can easily make if you never bother to read a label, and did not know that it stings. When I told her that, and that Pepe would have never trusted her again after that, we had a good laugh.

Another thing that made us laugh was on Dog: The Bounty Hunter. Dog's brother is married to a Samoan. A woman, but still Samoan. Seems every morning he tells his wife I love you, and she smiles, waves, and replies, "Akkai ", which is Samoan for I love you. Until he is working with a Samoan dude and mentions it. The guy laughs at him and says, "Dude, that means 'eat (crap')". Once Nong understood the joke, she thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Best quotes from the Dog himself last night:
"The closer we get to 'em the more we become like robots on a mission from God."
"Blam!"

GRATUITOUS CAT PICTURES GRATUITOUS CAT PICTURESGRATUITOUS CAT PICTURESGRATUITOUS CAT PICTURESGRATUITOUS CAT PICTURES






I'm not a regular here. I am irregular, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I've seen a lot of cat stories unfold first hand, but what I would give just to witness a cat with a bactined butt go flying through a wall leaving behind an outline!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home