Sunday, May 07, 2006

There she stood. Beautiful. At the pinochle of her womantude.

I miss Dave Thomas. He was taken from us far too soon. He was, perhaps, Marlo Thomas' father. You know, That Girl. Anyway, I think that's why he named the restaurants Wendy's.

A woman at the pinnacle of her womanhood. Now does that sound better than what I wrote up there? No, I think not.

I took Murf's quiz on Rebel or Yankee? My score was: 85% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money? I wonder where the other 15% went? Must be all the traveling I've done . Or that Hillsborough County here is all New Yorkers and I am picking up the vibe. Or worse, but I shudder to think.

I saw a rebel flag halter top yesterday that I liked. At least I think it was a rebel flag. Or maybe it was blue. But it was a halter top. And I liked it.

We have one of those change gobbling machines at the bank I guard. You know, dump in a bucket of pocket change and it'll sort it, tally it, and give you a reciept to take to the cashier to get folding money. I think they're cool. I was suprised at the number of customers coming in on Friday night with buckets, bags, jars and socks full of coinage. I guess they were all getting their drinking money together. The 21st century is sure better than the 20th. Back in the 20th century I'd have had to count out 12 dimes and 6 nickles to pay for a beer with my change, with that "Yeah... I live in a trailer. Why ya asking?" look on my face.

I think my English Comp professor is reading my blog. Remember how I mentioned that I thought college would be harder than this. Well, she cleared up that for me real quick. I get these 19 part assignments, but they'll be like 9 parts and then a list of topics to choose from. So I'll carefully read the (9) instructions, read them again, and then pick the first topic. I always choose the first topic because I believe I can do anything. I don't look for what might be easiest. Anyway I'll knock out nine or eleven of the three pages required. I will spend a day and a half typing and researching, researching and typing. When I am sure it is "knock your socks off perfect", I'll post it. Then I'll get an e-mail like this (there were two, but I can only find one):

William -
Your DB is thoughtful and shows some excellent work, and I commend you for taking the lead in submitting a DB early in the week. I would like you to review the directions and resubmit a DB that fits all of the terms of the assignment. Also, be sure to save the Maher article as a Word file so that you can attach it to your DB. Please let me know if you'd like some assistance in this.

As I said last post, Yarg!! Or maybe it's D'oh!! I'll go look at the assignment again, read the 9 parts, look at my paper, wonder what the heck is she talking about, scroll down past the list of topics to choose from and find the 10 additional steps I did not see at first. And then I will see her point. Taken in it's entirety, the assignment is to help explain how fruit and it's cultivation has changed throughout history and I will have turned in a well researched and very passionate eleven page argument (in first person narration and APA format, of course) on why I would never try to peel a strawberry.

So tell me, grey seal, how does it feel?, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

I knew you had cats, but when did you get the doberman?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

The dog is a Rotwieller. Are you referring to my betrothed, perhaps?

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that but wasn't sure how to spell Rottwyler and too lazy to click on the dictionary. And no, definitely not talking about your bethrothed. I've seen her pics before and she's a diva like you say.

But I have to also add that you certainly look good in that tux.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I was going to say something inciteful but the last picture reminded me of a joke.

What does a walrus and a tupperware salesman have in common? They are both looking for a good tight seal.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home