Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fun flies when you're doing time

Man, oh man. I am busy. I am in training from 0800-1800 for this job. Of course, as a nod toward traffic, I head out from my hut in the suburbs at 0600 and snake my way into the big city. It is at the water's edge, and my first day coming home, my instincts failed me and I got onto I-275 southbound instead of northbound. That immediately put me onto a bridge so long that there is a sign suggesting that you check your gas. Not sure how that helps exactly, as there is no station at the sign and no way to abort or U-turn. I guess, if it applies to you, they just want you to realize that you are screwed. Anyway I got to visit the beach near St. Pete.

I will be in a gun school Fri, Sat, and Sun and back in Tampa on Mon to apply for my license. A lot of hassle for a $10 an hour job that I don't expect to have more than a month or two. Oh well, even though I'd be willing to just kick back a couple of weeks and wait on the sheriff job, the bills keep arriving in the mail.

Got my uniforms, smokey bear hat, cuffs, holster, speed loaders etc., etc. no gun until I finish the school, of course. Now, as I mentioned, this is a $10/hr job. The chances of me even pulling my gun (except in a fit of rage at being cut off in a parking lot) is remote. Not gonna happen. the chance of me needing to re-load even once, much less twice, is even remoter. Me... cuff someone? Not likely, unless I (or possibly she) paid extra for it.

I finished up my assignemnts in Computer Applications (which is really MS Office Applications) but this period I have 2 doggone courses, so I still have 2 English Composition papers due. Luckily I have a blog and have been stealing stories I already wrote off of it. If you are stealing from yourself I don't think it is plagerism. Is it?

Finally, I have a friend who is trying to find some time with me to go into the studio and work on this song we have about half finished. He still travels internationally so his time is limited and I have already covered my lamentations. It's something I really want to do. Finding ime is hard.

I really loved the poem in my last post. Thought someone should say that. At least it's true. I am a big fan. Of me.

John Barleycorn must die out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Took me a google search to figure out your ending line this time. Although I know I've heard a Traffic song some time in my past, I don't think I heard any off that album... at least not that I'll admit.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Whew! Geez-us... I'm worn out after reading your schedule... think I'll take a nap.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ed A... you are persistent, I'll give you that.

Murf... I just like words. Some are light and some are dark. Unless it's a narrative it has little reflection of my real mood. I had just been listening to some old Elton John and wanted to write.

CMD... If you look you'll be able to tell I had to keep making the words stop or they would just kept feeding one line into the next. They were dripping out of me like cool maple syrup and everyonce in a while I'd have to slice 'em done with a knife. It was fun. Anyway, hope you get control of your mind soon. I can wait.

AGT... Stop it! You're showing your age. Oh wait... a nap, you said. I like naps.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home