Sunday, April 23, 2006

Shadow Man


Shadow Man 23 April, 2006

When I walk it's so all alone
Echoed soles
Like the concrete sidewalk speaks
Telling all the stories
That I used to not care
That I used to put out there
Signed with someone else's blame

Just one more long walk outta here
It's not your call
It's not your fall from grace now
They're all my shadows falling through
The sidewalk cracks

Crosswalk, flashing red, but
it's my cross to bear
Streetlamps tear a swath into
this evening's air

And as I step onto the curb
Silence falls
The distance calls
And though I try to answer
It's a teardrop forms
and what to do
but shake my fist
and swear back at the feeling?

How you gonna hurt me more?
You think you can?
Do you think you can?
Do you think you might find mercy?

Never knew how lives and lies
So intertwined
Like the vines that cut the tree
Wrapping ever tighter
like a lover's embrace
Like a whisper snakes it's way
around unpleasant truths

If it's one thing that I'm sure of
it's I just don't know
I don't know what I wanted
I don't know why I even came
this way tonight

The neon buzzes faintly, but
shares no light
The streetlamps stab their points into
this harlot night

As I'm stepping off the curb
Your words return
To hurt so hot and burn
into me painfully
I had a wall
but now the wall has crumbled
I just shake my fist
close my eyes and curse the circumstances

So how you gonna hurt me more?
You think you can?
Do you think you can?
Do you think you might find mercy
from a shadow man?

It ain't in the plan.
Bye bye.

Ed
Brandon

1 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have 'read' it at least 4 times but my mind gets to racing lately and I can't reign it in to one thing at a time. The translation is I will come back again on a weekend and hopefully read it like it should be read. None of this skimming crap. -Jn

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home