Thursday, July 13, 2006

J.C.L

Seven Years 12 July, 2006

Seven years and fourteen days
Maybe less, if I behave
Yeah, I know it's all my fault
Just couldn't take you walking off

There's thunder rumbling through the yard
I guess the storms aren't off too far
The air is thick with sultry heat
That brings regrets, but not relief

Now should you ask me how I've fared
The gavel fell. The time was fair
That man took what I thought was mine
But that don't change I watched him die

Came found you in his arms that night
A rage tore through me at the sight
But now I think you had a plan
And to take the fall, one jealous man

Fourteen days and seven years
Thanks for conjuring the tears
The day they locked me up inside
A new young lover dried your eyes

Now should you ask me how I've fared
The gavel fell. The time was fair
Like a dog I watched him die
Behind stone walls I do my time

A crime of passion's still a crime
In these cold walls, I do my time


Ed
Brandon Blvd.


We always did feel the same
We just saw it from a different point of view, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

I really appreciate the twist of words here. for ex: "The air is thick with sultry heat
That brings regrets, but not relief"

Excellent writing my friend, and I would say your out is right on track for how we saw the world.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home