Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Katia muse


Disclaimer: The third verse is, to me anyway, the best thing I have written in a long, long time.





When You're Drinking 3 July,2006

How're you doing?

What brings you here tonight

You don't come around much

It seems like for such a long, long time
I've been wondering if I might miss you

Or if I even have the right

That's why it crossed my mind to wonder

What brings you here tonight


So, how's the new guy

Things all working like you planned?

I'm happy for you

Don't laugh, I think I really am

For a while there, you know it hurt me

When you said I would never be your man

If I might ask you, how's it going?

Is it all working out as planned?


How've you been feeling

Just loose? Or fancy free?

No, it don't matter

But that question always gets the best of me

I know I was never what you wanted

But I was still just who I had to be

Like an ache, and, a sad mistake, and

When you're drinking, think of me


How're you doing, baby

And what brings you here tonight

You don't come around here much

Seems like for such a long, long time

And I was wonderin', if I might miss you

Or do I even got that right?

It crossed my mind, so yeah, I wonder

Who you doing here tonight?


It crossed my mind, so yeah, I wonder

Who you doing here tonight?


Ed
Brandon Blvd.


That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like that...

11:57 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Thank you!!!Glad to see that you still got it!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home