Saturday, July 08, 2006

I will say, by way of explaination, that I've gotta see a dude about a thing

Girls in cars driving by yell at me while I am on duty. I am pretty easy on myself, and still I do not fool myself that my hotness is evoking squeals of delight from the girl folk. I just chalk it up to youthful exuberance and arms that are not strong enough to smash mailboxes with bats. Or... I am hot. No. Definately it's the spindly arms thing.

A lady came in wearing a concert T for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "Tsk tsk," I thought, "And at her age. Yoohoo... time to grow up lady." Old people in rock t-shirts.

And now, as Paul Harvey would say, for the rest of the story. As she was walking off towards the service counter, but after I had already thought the above thought, I realized that she was about my age. Damn!! Now I gotta rethink me my baggy shorts.

I apologize like I sweat: Profusely and for no reason.

The guy and the girl got off of the bus. He walked to the front and removed a bicycle from the carrier while she stood patiently by, waiting. He got on the bike and steadied himself. Then he nodded to her. She shouldered her backpack, which immediately became a facepack, for him, when she hopped up onto the handlebars. They took off down the sidewalk, slowly and unsteadily at first, and then gradually gaining momentum. I had to laugh. She was smiling, the wind in her face. He was looking down her shirt as he pedaled.
This is the studio in TAD's house. If you have heard some of the songs of ours that I've posted, they came from here. It is a newer keyboard now. We hope to turn FAVORS and WHEN YOU'RE DRINKING (I should change that second title probably) into something really special and to update some of the older stuff. Hopefully I can put linkage to some of them into a future post. Hopefully.

I find coins that people have dropped in the parking lot all the time. I pick them up, but it really pisses me off, because I know they have folding money, too. Drop some of that.

A woman drove up with a Dominican Republic flag on her front plate. I smiled inwardly, while remaining outwardly stoic. I nodded politely and opened the bank door for her. I felt the kinship and I think maybe she did, too. She smiled back anyway. Hard to judge if it was kinship or manners. It's like that for us latin people. She's Dominican. I'm Dominican. We just have... wait. D'oh!. I'm Republican, not Dominican. My bad.

Still got Thailand, PI, and Louisiana stories to relate. They are just gonna take a while. Got my list o' topics pared down today, and those are all that remain. Except, of course, the new stuff I think of between now and next post.

It's difficult to write standing up. But I can do it. The last 2 poems I posted were written in a pocket notepad whilst standing. This next one is the same. Chicken scratched in a pocket notepad, on a muggy, muggy night that had me pouring sweat from, and into, every orofice I owned. Sometimes I can't even read what I wrote once I get it home and you end up with a new line. Anyway, what do you care? New poem follows. Then a closing song quote. Then my signature, such as it is. Then a bunch of little crap that blogger puts in automatically. Bye, peeps.

Favors 7 July 2006

A gun with nine bullets

And fired maybe seven

So what does that leave you and me?

One each for hope, maybe

One each for promises
One each to see if we'll bleed


The rain isn't gentle

It sure is not cleansing

It glistens with sins from our past
And I'd walk a mile

If you'd walk a mile, too

But you stood in the door and you laughed


You ain't never done me no favors
I offer the same in return

The only warmth we'll find together

A candle that's already burned


Just like in the evening
The fire slowly dying

So cold when the embers go dead
Long shadows of lonliness
Colors of silence

It's cold when you lay down your head

You ain't never done me no favors

I offer the same in return

The only warmth we'll find together

A candle that's already burned


I don't recall asking
How things might be going

Leave all that bullshit behind

Don't want no old pieces

Of your broken down dreams

I've got some just like them of mine


You ain't never done me no favors

I offer the same in return
The only warmth we'll find together

A candle that's already burned


Ed

Brandon Blvd.

I heard the Burritos out in California could fly higher than the Byrds, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Believe it or not, FAVORS was written last verse to first. Never done that before.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hmmmm... the sub-title could be "The Dyslexic Song"

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I think you should write standing up more often. Outstanding! No pun intended.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home