Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Working Again

OK, back working again. Great company. Good benefits. Just found out we're doing something called nine eighty where we work nine hours a day and take every other Friday off. That means two 3 day weekends a month and some of the Monday holiday 3 day weekends are now 4 day weekends.

It's a pretty long commute made bearable by 1) a sunroof, 2) Drive By Trucker and Shooter Jennings CDs, and 3) a cigar. Rain'll take away #1 and mouth cancer will take away #3. But like a stray dog in a rich man's yard, I'll always have #2.

Had me the pink eye for my 4 day unemployment weekend. Since I quit Wackenhut on Wednesday and didn't start L3 until Monday, I had four days to kill. So I drove to see the Lieutenant up in Jacksonville. Pink eye kicked in, which is not near as benign or cute and cuddly as the name would suggest. It hurts and makes you hyper sensitive to light. The drive to and from Jax was pretty white-knuckle, given my inability to keep my eyes opened and free of tears and my fellow Floridian's inability to drive or signal their intentions. I think it is about gone now, thank you very much. The pink eye is about gone now, that is, not Floridian's inability to drive.

On the way out, LT hooked me up with a bottle of Johnny Walker's Blue Label and a bunch of Cuban Romeo y Juliet cigars, both courtesy of the Baharain Duty Free shop. He'll transfer from stateside to Doha (Qatar) here at MacDill, so I will see him again for a few days.

My brother was on national TV (48 Hours), shown testifying at a murder trial that the murder weapon was his. Well, you just know how proud that makes the family. He was accidentally mixed up in a pretty sordid tale. Well... at least it wasn't Geraldo.

All the critters saw was a gator mouth, out
Ramblin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home