Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's not a matter of whether or not someone's watching over you. It's just a question of their intentions.

The day I turned 50, so did the hippo at the local zoo. Also, a day or two later bubble wrap turned 50. With all 3 of these useless, but entertaining things hitting the half century mark simultaneously, you've gotta ask: Coincidence? I think so.

Hit the local sports store for some Saints gear to take back home. It was pandemonium. Everybody in South Louisiana was in there, throwing money around. And I waded right in and got mine too. One lady had on a shirt that read "Hell Breeses Over". Yeah, like you can do something like that with the name Rothlinsberger. Who dat say dey gonna out merchendise dem Saints?

Blue Dog Cafe. Mmmmmmmm.

Watched the State of the Union address. I don't care how jaded you are, how could anybody not find something to like in the proposals? Anything. I liked it when he told the Republicans that requiring a super majority to pass ANYTHING was not really a plan. (Well, Mr. Obama, I think technically it is a plan, just a ridiculous one.) Then told the Democrats to get their heads out of their butts and try to show some leadership rather than just "running for the hills". Taking the money being recouped as bailout funds are repaid and using $30 billion of it to help the middle class was great. And you might as well go ahead and shoot me right now, but I think some of his proposed taxes are long overdue. Seriously. I'm just saying, as wave after wave of tax cuts went washing across this great nation, I don't remember my own tax bill going down. Did yours? I'm just saying. Ending tax credits for companies that take the handout and then move all of their jobs offshore. Give the tax credits for those who employ Americans. I mean, c'mon. If you're not even willing to consider any the things that were proposed, then I gotta think you're at least a part of the problem.

I went to see the monster trucks on my birthday. Not the races. They're coming back Feb 6th and I have tickets for then. But we went to Tampa Stadium and watched them being unloaded from the trailers and driving across the street to the pits where the public would be allowed to come see them. The new stadium is pretty big. And you could look up and see all those empty red seats, just like at a Bucs game.

I have monster truck pics, but this dang Sony camera is so proprietary that the cable is different and the memory card adapter does not fit anything I have. So I cannot download from the camera or the chip when I'm on the road, which is, you know, where I take the interesting photographs. Never had these problems with my Canon. I will post the photos later.

Alright. One more day to soak up the ambiance of Acadiana, then home to Florididdy.

Signs, signs. Everywhere there's signs. Blocking out the scenery and messing my mind, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I did not watch the speach. I didn't like it though, I didn't like the rebutal, or the rebutal to the rebutal. I don't like all of the clapping and plastic smiles in those things either.
Now if they came hauling in on some monster truck, they would get some redneck points. Harry Reid chilling in a wife beater...John McCain in a bowling shirt with a chilly stain. President Obama could wear his "hop in, hold on and shut up" hat. Now, that's America.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I'm OK with your theory that they all suck.

A local satire writer "polled" registered GOP voters and found that 78% of those that had not heard the Address were against everything in it, and a whopping 88% said that if they had heard it, they would be against it more.

The monster trucks were great. I got like 100 pictures of Gravedigger. I was wearing my "Drinks Well With Others" T-shirt. How's that for redneck?

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although not an original idea I propose this fair tax:

15% on all American's income ( rich and poor alike)

15% on all American Business's income (small and large business alike)

Then adjust the county, state and federal spending to match.
Pipedragger

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home