Monday, December 13, 2004

Good idea, bad delivery.

I absolutely HATE the following commercial theme:

Do it for the children, whose side are you on?
A) I don't have kids, so you're saying "Do it for my child".

B) "who's side are you on?" is saying that if I have an opinion other than yours (like why must I help build schools if I don't have children who will use them?) then I 'm a child hating ne'er do well who promotes drug peddling.

Well, I do not hate kids. Some of my best friends have kids. I love it when they smile and laugh. Don't like 'em so much when they scream and poop. It all averages out.
I just find it presumptious that by the mere act of becoming a parent you now have some cosmic insight, your cause is always just and the preferences of the rest of us should take a back seat to the perpetual happiness and comfort of your child.
News flash. He's a cute kid, but is not suddenly my reason for living.

A good tag line: If you do this it would really help us out. Thank you.
A bad tag line: Do it for the children, whose side are you on?

{End Rant}
{Break Transmission}
{[fade]}.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home