Friday, February 25, 2005

Debris from a cluttered mind

Good old Dr. Phil. There is hardly a family problem he can't fix in about 7 1/2 minutes using only a down home Texas simile and the suggestion that you look inside yourself for the answer. In fact, as I was watching him yesterday, I came to the inescapeable conclusion that his wife is really hot.

Yesterday I microwaved my MasterCard. Yep, sure did. I thought it would melt but it hardly got soft. Still,it was kinda cool. There were a few sparks at first, then about 1 1/2 minutes later a kinda burning smell. When I pulled it out to examine it the hologram had been burned out of it leaving a neat hole in the card and a pile of charred dust in the plate. The card was otherwise really none the worse for wear. Neatly enough, the charred hologram hole also neatly removed the last 4 digits of the account number.

I don't think that the Survivor Palau show is rigged. Last night it was between Kim and Ashlee as to who the tribe would vote off. Ashlee had her torch extinguished and Kim stayed. Speaking strictly from a "good TV" standpoint, Ashlee had 2 rather compelling, um, reasons to keep going and yet now she's gone. Healthy women in a damp t-shirts never hurt any show's ratings. Ergo, it must not be rigged.

We get AFN [American Forces Network] instead of regular network TV. We also don't get any commercials, which sounds better than it is. Instead we get defining moments in military history, presidential trivia, and the like. Anyway, last night during a "commercial break"
the Air Force weather guesser made me go "Huh??" He stated tha Misawa would be recieving several inches of lake effect snow. Lake effect snow? We live in Japan. It is an island. It is an island surrounded completely by, say it with me, the Pacific OCEAN. Wouldn't it be Ocean effect snow?

The local Japanese company that will come and clean your house for you when you move has an ad in the paper saying that they are looking for more "English speaking stuff in their Yokosuka branch". Unfortunately my stuff doesn't talk...but if it did it would probably say, "I feel so cheap." I believe that they are actually looking for staff.

A big shout out to a stealth reader out in Honolulu. Welcome aboard, Cliff. Tell Junko hi. You are welcome to make comments.

OK, That's it for today. The wife got up with me today. Her theory, which is "you're up so you may as well worship me", is not conducive to blogging. Or anything else.

Peace, out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, that's a real creative way to get rid of a Credit Card...I don't have any more, but, I will recommend the progress.
Stuff, Staff. Funny story's on translations from the east. Me and Jello Boy were eating Chinese food one night a while back. My fortune cooky said "you have an unusual equipment for success, use it wisley" My Plant Manager was looking for new materials and came across a Chinese Herbal Web Site...one herb was for "Indoganous Liver Winds"
Here's to being Scotch Irish, Buddy!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Domo arigato, Intellectual-san. My amusement here is neverending. My favorite was a face whitening cream that had 4 vitrues advertised, one of which was "dispells horniness". I couldn't even try taking it in context to figure out what they had originally meant to say.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home