Monday, February 21, 2005

TCNC -- Hey, App Intel

This post is for Appalachian Intellectual, if you are in fact still reading this. All y'all others can take this post off and pick up with the next one. Domo arigato.

OK, A.I., what is this place:

County land area 379 sq. mi.
National Forest land area 136 sq. mi.
Lowest elevation 1,265 feet
Highest elevation 6,045 feet
County Seat elevation 2,200 feet
Annual avg. temperature 54.9 degrees
Avg. January temperature 37.9 degrees
Avg. June temperature 71.9 degrees
Annual avg. rainfall 80 inches
Annual avg. snowfall 6.2 inches

Hint: The County Seat is Brevard.

Sorry, cuz, I was just doing some homework on the world wide sized web. I also found out TC is a little North of Dillard, SC which is merely an interesting tidbit in reference to an earlier comment thread.

Out,
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yep, that's Transylvania County...Taxylvania to some of us. Dillard is in GA...Sorry. It's along Hwy 441 just below the Macon County and Otto NC. To the south of Transylvania you have Greenviille, pickens and Oconne County's SC.
The French Broad River, we're told, is the 3rd oldest river in the world.

I'll talk to ya later...

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Holy crap! I think my brain juxtaposed Dillon, which IS in SC while I was typing. Not what I meant to write. My apologies.
Ed

PS: Guess you're still reading. That's only been posted about 15 minutes. Way to go.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home