Sunday, March 06, 2005

From the home office: Listmania

Got a cold and it's been kicking my butt. Nose keeps making snot, no matter how much I blow it. And my eyes hurt, for crying out loud. Who needs painful eyes?

I accomplished, in spite of my miserability, setting up a wireless network in the house. Now I'm mobile. That's a good thing. I watched Martha Stewart get out of prison and go home. That too, is a good thing.

Got contacted by Lockheed-Martin offering me a job. Noteworthy only because I did not apply to them. They wanted me in Moorestown, NJ, which is, for all intents and purposes, Philadelphia. But that got me thinking, so I applied to them in FL also, pointing out that LM in NJ had already offered me a job, I had just declined to relocate to take it. We'll see.

Wife got me out shopping 3 times. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sneaky wench, two of those days she managed to make me think it was my idea. I gots to be mo careful. Sunday I was in hot pursuit of, of all things, vaccuum bags. Yep, I am one boring dude!

Here's some things from my office at home.

10 CDs in the back of the book (Most recently purchased, though "recent" is a relative term")

10. Alice Cooper: Brutally Live
9. Sawyer Brown: The Hits Live
8. Loretta Lynn: Van Lear Rose
7. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Will The Circle Be Unbroken Vol. III
6. Eric Clapton/BB King: Riding With The King
5.Willie Nelson: The Great Divide
4. Kid Rock: Cocky
3.Buddy Miller: Midnight and Lonesome
2. Elvis: 30 #1 Hits
1. Various: Kindred Spirits, A Tribute to Johnny Cash

9 Coffee Mugs Stashed in a box (Of 16 total mugs...yes, I need help)

9.
Ship's crest mug: USS Antietam
8. Japanese Kanji writing, possibly vulgar?
7.
Ship's crest mug: USS Bunker Hill
6. Ship's crest mug: USS Vincennes
5. Krispy Kreme
4. I LOVE MY WIFE, from my wife. Bought at Stuckey's in YeeHaw Junction, FL on her first trip to the states. She thought truck stop shopping was just awesome.
3.
Ship's crest mug: USS Bunker Hill, different one
2. Japanese Kanji for Water
1. Santa Clause Mug, from Mother in Law in Bangkok

8 Books on the shelf

8. John Grisham: The Summons
7. Isaac Asimov: I, Robot
6. Robert Ludlum: The Sigma Protocol
5. Tony Horwitz: Confederates in the Attic
4. John Grisham: The Firm
3. John Irving: A son of the Circus
2. Study Book: Basic Tagalog
1. Traveler's Guide: Asian Customs and Manners

7 Toys (They're mine. All mine.)

7.
Toshiba laptop, fully functional
6. Toshiba laptop, fully functional
5. Toshiba laptop, fully functional
4. TV/VCR combo
3. DVD/HDD Recorder
2. Fax/Copier/Scanner/Printer
1. Photo Printer

6 Ballcaps on top of TV

6. New Orleans Saints (kinda ratty)
5. New Orleans Saints (slightly less ratty)
4. NC State Wolfpack (lovingly cared for)
3. Bourbon Street New Orleans
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1. Center For Surface Combat Systems Detachment, Yokosuka Japan (Logo cap from work)

5 pictures Dale took. Framed and hung by moi.

5. Live oak trees, draped in Spanish Moss at sunrise
4.
Live oak trees, river bank, draped in Spanish Moss at sunrise
3. Black bird with orange wings sitting on barbed wire fence post
2.
Lone oak tree, with some Spanish Moss, heavy fog, gothic vibe, at sunrise
1. Live oak tree, draped in Spanish Moss, fog rolling in, at sunrise


4 "personal items"

4. A flying wooden winged frog
3. Man trying to crawl away pencil holder
2. Frog head with a mirror in his mouth
1. Fourteen monkeys (smoking, see no evil, hangs from ceiling, wind up dancing monkey and 10 others...it's OK to be jealous)

3 People in photos in my immediate work area. Not counting me

3. My best friend Dale & his wife Lynn studio portrait
2. My neice Marisa (at 3 y.o.) holding a huge red snapper
1. Machima (aka Other Nong) in a lizard sarong at the beach

2 Things I really need to do

2. Pee
1. Go to work

1 thing above I wish I didn't have to do

1. Pee. No, work! No, Pee. (That's my final answer)

Pees, out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home