Saturday, July 23, 2005

Oh yeah,

Don't know how I forgot this earlier. We had a bit of fun yesterday that I forgot about until I saw it on CNN:

TOKYO — A magnitude-6.0 earthquake shook the Tokyo area Saturday, injuring at least 27 people, rattling buildings across the sprawling capital and temporarily suspending flights and train services.

Yeah, we shook pretty good and pretty long. Me and the wife had time to talk about how strong it was and I had time to think of, then go to the window to see if (hopefully) the kids on the playground were terrified. They weren't. I don't worry too much about it. The buildings are built keeping in mind that this is an earthquake prone, volcanic island.

Shake, rattle and rollin' on out of here, out
Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

If we don't hear from you until the you get to JAX then Godspeed and y'all have a safe trip there, Ed.

BTW, here in KY it's "... to show the possum it could be done." instead of squirrels.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Heh heh heh. Possums. OK, I could see that.

And I guess I could see armadillos in Texas.

Now I'm reminded of the joke What's the squishy stuff between an elephant's toes? Slow natives.

Thanks for the "Fair winds and Following seas". We'll try to have a safe and uneventful trip.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Happy Trails to you. I hope you have wonderous adventures to write about soon and lots of new travelin type pics too. I will do my best to provide some great stuff when I get home which now looks like Tues. One more night in my skittles sky wonderland! God watch over you and Nong and keep you safe!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home