Thursday, September 22, 2005

Which me. Luck.

I have studied harder than I have in a long, long time. 6 hours a day for several days on end. I am routinely scoring high 80's to mid 90's on the 800 question prepatory test. What I have learned most from this is to SLOW DOWN and READ THE DOGGONE QUESTION. For some reason, the word "except" is invisible to me, as in "All of these statements about deferred annuities are correct except which of the following:"

Oh my goodness. I got all this weird stuff swimming around in my head. Universal life. Securities Exchange Commision licensing requirements. Single Premium Immediate Annuities. HIPPA. COBRA. MEDICARE deductibles. 20-15-90-45-60 formula. Arrggghhh! But I need the money. So sometimes I go out with my pruning shears and a big, long cigar. I trim the wisteria, then I trim it again. Then I sit in the shade and reflect on how smart I'm gonna be. Might be. Someday.

Anyway, it's a 2 1/2 hour, 150 question test. My goal is to score the highest of anyone in the office, which should be doable since high score right now is something like 82. That's my goal. So, I expect to come home with a license... a newly minted insurance knowing dude. An agent. Wish me luck.

A woodchuck who would chuck wood, out

Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

48 minutes, 90%. Like the godfather of soul himself might say,


"Yaahhh....I feel good. I knew that I would, y'all."

2:24 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

90%! Fantastic.

Just curious, though.... how many of the 10% that you missed had the word "except" in them?

:-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

didnt even need me to write you a cheat sheet- impressive!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here is hoping my physics test met with as much success. I think it should be decreed that friday morings you post early because I am up early and I actually have time to read it then. If I can't read it then I have nothing to do but homework and thats never a good idea. How do you make the letters show up for posting purposes? I kind of enjoy them. You can sound them out and make words... but that often leads to profanity. Oh well. -Jn

5:41 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Thank you all. You are a most supportive group. Kinda like therapy was.

Unfortunately, you know that this now means 5 days a week working, vice 2 days a week, don't you?

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home