Saturday, October 15, 2005

Gretchen was a Hooter's girl


"All of these screens will be the same. They'll just keep changing." Well now, how ya gonna argue with training like that? I just keep wondering will I grow out of Calvin and become Dilbert? Time will tell my friends. Time will tell.

I did something yesterday that I am not particularly proud of. In fact, those of you that are of both the male and the Southern persuasions may even judge this as bordering on the raggedy edge of blasphemy. You can say it or don't, but I've already given myself the what for. I came home from work yesterday and mowed only half of my yard. There is a slight bit o' redemption in that I did the front first, but yes, it is indeed ever so slight. I just couldn't get it finished. But I did so need some "me time" to ponder things, and lately, on the mower is the only place I get any. I'm starting to feel very boxed in by things. So I gassed it, cranked it and rode it in slow, satisfying circles.

Kris Kristofferson can be pretty cool. Sometimes I think we forget that.

I wish I could find my digital camera. I got things that I want to show you. I've got stories that need embellishing. I've got places to be. People to do. And for the life of me, I can't find the camera. Good thing I bought one so small.

I just watched 2 hours of CMT. I really want to enjoy it. I hardly ever lose myself in the music like before, which is why my muse walks around with an IV and oxygen tank most of the time. My poor little under used, bed ridden little muse. So I tuned it in for a while while I drank coffee and scratched my butt. -->

At some point I learned that Gretchen Wilson worked as a Hooter's Girl. Wonder why? Not why did she apply, why did she get the job?

-->Does anybody<-- know a better alternative music video station for country, blues or roots music? Twang even? Nowadays my estrogen level gets too high when I watch She MT... I mean, CMT.

I went to Billy Joe Shaver's website today because I was feeling so lucky. I just knew that he was going to be playing a date nearby soon. So I went to the tour dates section and lo and behold he was going to be nowhere near here for the foreseeable future. But I did learn he has a new CD out. So there's that.

My word for the day is concoction. It is not obscure nor is it particularly spectacular in meaning. It is just a nice, solid word that is satisfying to say. Sturdy, like good solid wood furniture. The kind with dowels instead of screws,...or heaven forbid, staples!

I coined a new term yesterday. You know how sometimes your crap will stop working and you'll poke it and ponder it, maybe even disassemble it a little and never see anything that looks FUBAR, so you'll flick it off and then back on (in the jargon this is known as a "Raytheon re-set) and it will mysteriously be just fine? Did you notice how long that sentence was? I had to follow it back to it's head waters to determine if it was going to need a period or a question mark at the end.

So anyway, that phenomenon is called a glitch. Well, what about the times that you think some gadget may not have worked right for a second there, or it may have flickered, faltered or hiccupped? You think it may have, but you're not quite sure since it is working fine now and you didn't do anything. I call those a son of a glitch.


Let stand five minutes uncovered before serving, out
Ramblin' Ed


2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Nice tat' If'n I was a seafaring type I'd be tempted to get that inked onto one of my appendages.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Now, I think Gretchen Wilson is an attractive lady.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home