Tuesday, October 18, 2005

If I told you what's on my mind you'd know what I was really thinking


Best quote of the day came from none other than Ramblin' Ed himself as we were all walking out of Taco Bell. It nearly killed Denise, but she pulled through. The quote: "I wore boxer shorts today. But this pair yearns to be a thong."

How a pair of boxers rides itself up to be so intimate with you is a mystery to me.

DRE returned from Dunn, NC yesterday. Brought to me, as payment for the use of my truck (even though I repeatedly stressed I needed no compensation from a friend) 2 cases of Cheerwine and 5 pounds of Neeses liver mush. Despite his repeated badmouthing of the delectible liver product from my youth, I was happy to see it. You can't get it here. My response to his jibes about my food was, "It tastes really good. Fry it up in a pan and make sure that as you eat it,under NO circumstances do you idly peruse the ingredients."

I was about 15 to 17 years old. A fertile time for discovery in my life, though predominately I discovered what was bad, unwise or untenable. Here is an example:

I was chomping down on one of life's little pleasures. You know what I'm talking about. A Slim Jim brand sausage stick. I just sort of started reading the label to pass the time. Folks, don't do that with a Slim Jim. Not if you enjoy them, anyway. You will a) definately come away with an understanding that no parts whatsoever of our food animals are left unused, and b) start wondering which of those aforementioned not wasted parts it might be that is making that greasy coating on the roof of your mouth. It was probably 8-10 years before I could put the ingredient list out of my mind sufficiently to eat a Slim Jim again. Dang truth in labeling laws.

An interesting side trip in google: #1 & #2. Kinda cheesy. Well, actually very cheesy. And here's his website, should you wish to pursue this.

Perhaps Hurricane Wilma will hit us and reduce us all to (Barney) Rubble.

Headline from Tampa Tribune today: THE GUNSHINE STATE MORE PRO-FIREARM LEGISLATION SETS UP ANOTHER SHOWDOWN. We Floridians are nothing if not colorful. And violence prone.

I am the morning DJ at W.O.L.D., out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, that girl has a Mojo Box.

I'll have to check out Slim Jim.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, I've done mush, but it was cornmeal mush my Mom would fry occasionally for breakfast. Brown and crispy on both sides, some butter and syrup... mmmmmmmmmmm

Not sure about that liver thing, though, Ed.... must be a Carolina regional thang.

qgkzno

5:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Liver Mush ain't for this Hill Billy.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I think you'd like it. Problem is that's a terrible name for making someone want to try it/ Plus, it's one of the few gray meats on the market.

There was a soft drink in Japan called Pocari Sweat. It was also a terrible name. It taseted OK, but it looked kinda like slightly cloudy water and had SWEAT in the title. Wasn't a big seller among the gaijin (Americans).

Background:
At last, I made a telephone-call to Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., who is the distributor of POCARI SWEAT. A staff of the company answered to my question. "'POCARI' sounds relaxing, easeful, light to Japanese people. It dosen't mean any English words. " I asked "I think 'SWEAT' has dirty image in English. Why do you use such a word?" He answered "'SWEAT' has meanings of diligence, efforts, refreshingness in Japanese. In western country, people may have negative image to 'SWEAT'. It is a cultural difference."

See also here: http://www.otsuka.co.jp/pocari_e/pocari5.htm

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home