Sunday, January 29, 2006

Great patience and understanding

OK, took this from Red Queen, but it seemed an interesting enough endeavor. Some of you do not really know me that well, but if you did, you would know that to know me is to... well, is to be capable of great patience and understanding. Like a little bullet headed tree fern, I require great amounts of care and feeding. And reassurance. And clean t-shirts.

OK, first item up for bidding:

1. 4 Jobs I have had in my life:
--- Warehouseman at Tampa Wholesale Liquors
--- Pump jockey at gas station
--- Security guard at a condo
--- Deck and tile help for a pool company

2. 4 Movies I could watch over and over:
--- The Big Easy
--- The Whole Nine Yards
--- The Replacements
--- Die Hard

3. 4 places I have lived:
--- Riegelwood, North Carolina
--- Pascagoula, Mississippi
--- Shongaloo, Louisiana
--- Schnectady, New York (Where I learned to talk, thereby giving me a latent yankee accent)

4. 4 TV shows I love or can stand to watch:
--- 2 1/2 Men
--- Freddie
--- Survivor
--- Fear Factor

5. 4 places I have been on vacation:
--- Bangkok, Thailand
--- Newcastle, Australia
--- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
--- Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

6. 4 blogs I visit daily (In order, because I click the links from bottom to top):
--- Murf
--- Red Queen
--- Coal Miner's Daughter
--- Gun Trash
--- The Appalachian Intellectual (Yes, this makes 5, but I can hardly leave him off)

7. 4 Favorite foods:
--- Crunchy Peanut Butter
--- French Vanilla Ice Cream
--- Lumpia
--- North Carolina Pork BBQ (there's nothing finer!)

8. 4 places I'd rather be:
--- Fishing
--- San Diego
--- New Orleans (pre-hurricane or post-rebuilding, though)
--- Venezuela

9. 4 albums I can't live without:
--- Drive By Truckers - Mix CD
--- Kid Rock - Mix CD
--- Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
--- Steve Earle - El Corazon

10. 4 vehicles I have owned:
--- Nissan Laurel
--- GMC Sierra 1500
--- 1963 Buick Le Sabre
--- Suzuki Samurai

Not much to put on the blog today. I only had this here one day weekend to work with. Got a lot done. Passed food out through the neighborhood (Nong is not working so she is cooking), got a haircut, started my herbs in their sprouting cups, walked the cats, watched some basketball and a movie (Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects" which was about what I expected but with higher production values than I was imagining), and made a trip to Wal-mart. In ten minutes, I'm off to watch Desperate Housewives and Gray's Anatomy. Glad I could get this done.

Get yer motor running and head out on the highway, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Judging from the four towns you have lived in, a requirement for you to move somewhere is that the town's name must be unpronouncable!

I never heard of such a hodge podge of names like Riegelwood, Pascagoula, Shongaloo, and Schnectady.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home