Monday, January 30, 2006

Shut yer pie hole!


This guy/these folks are dangerous. Their message is dangerous. And their methods are dangerous. Who do they think that they are?? It is your right to disagree with the administration. It is your right to believe that there are signs all around you that point towards a divine retribution. But Reverend Phelps and his people are so far over the line that I am incredulous. His message is intolerance and hate.


To disrupt the funerals of brave troops who died honorably or miners who died tragically just to make a point, and presumably, grab headlines is unconsciable. It is rude and without class and should not be tolerated by any of us. I don't think freedom of speech applies here. Sure, they are guaranteed their right to hold that opinion. But I don't believe the right to express that opinion graveside and trampling on the feelings of a grieving family ever existed.

The good reverand is entitled to his personal opinions, no matter how closely they do or do not mirror my own. He is not, however, entitled to such an insensitive and grandstanding delivery method.

From yesterday's paper (paraphrased slightly for brevity):

Rev. Phelps and members of Westboro baptist Church have been protesting at funerals of Iraqi War casualties because they say the deaths are God's punishment for U.S. tolerance towards gay people.
Though the soldiers were not gay, the protesters say the deaths, as well as Hurricane Katrina and recent mining disasters, are signs of God's displeasure. They also protested at the memorial service for the 12 WV miners who died in the Sago Mine.

I say shut your pie hole and crawl back under your rock. I am completely and unshakeably opposed to organized, militant intolerance, regardless of what banner you try to march it under. Sorry, but stupid acts like this make my blood boil. Below is a list of planned protest tomfoolery I copied off of their website.

* Schedules for upcoming pickets

1. Funeral of Army Spc. Matthew C. Frantz - at 1 p.m., Monday, Jan. 30, at Lafayette Christian Reformed, 1200 Tippecanoe St., Lafayette, Ind
2. Pandering, demagogic, unfaithful Indiana Legislature - at 8 a.m., Monday, Jan. 30, at the Statehouse, Indianapolis, Indiana
3. Fag-infested Tonganoxie High School and the Tonganoxie USD 464 Board of Education - at 7:30 a.m., Monday Jan. 30

Jn was wondering if I'd post a poem ever again. Well, I will try. By the way, I don't think I'm repeating posts, but accidents happen. I am trying to move them out of circulation, well circulation on my desk, as I post so I don't repeat. I read them so often trying to decide which to post that I lose track of what I actually post and what I only considered posting. What does that mean to you? Not a thing. Please enjoy a piece of my life.

Pleasure & Curse

I've seen the lights of the city
I've followed them far from home.
Been the stranger in town with his luck running out
and nobody to call my own.
I fall in love in a moment
but it never lasts more than a while.
It's a pleasure and curse and I could have done worse
than to get caught in your smile.

Lost my heart down near Baltimore
it was hard to let go.
Caught my breath down in Baton Rouge
I was hiding from the snow.
Left my mind in San Pedro once
but it's more than the miles.
From a lover's bed to a spider's web
I got caught up in your smile.

I've got my voices to answer
they're stealing around in my head.
I know how that seems, but we've all got our demons
and nothing more need be said.
There's no more complication
to living this reckless and wild.
Now Little Miss Muffet, you sweet little strumpet
where did you come up with that smile?

Lost a friend out by Jacksonville
he died way too young.
Lost my wife once she knew me well
but I had to try once.
Left my youth down some dusty roads
that I ran for a while.
And the diesel's roar drowned the slamming doors.
I was caught up in your smile.

Neither you nor me had no destiny
we were caught up in the smile.


Ed
Tonghae, Korea


OK, since I can't shake the feeling that was a repeat even though it wasn't in the pile of ones I've posted already, I am posting a second one. Here's a game to play as you read it. Kind of like a word search. Not including in the title, I have hidden the word "baby" in the verses. Test how observant you are and see if you can find it.

Baby Was

Baby always was that kind of mellow
Baby always was that kind of cool
Baby only wanted everything. She drives me crazy.
Baby smack me with the hard luck blues.

Baby lay beside me in the sunshine
Looking for the faces in the clouds
Baby always searching . Baby wants that perfect ending.
And kisses like you'd call the hard luck blues.

Baby always was that kind of lover
Always make me out that kind of fool
Baby burns her bridges all behind her
Baby always was that kind of cool

Baby sees the kindness in the strangers
Baby sees what isn't always true
Baby sometimes leaves me begging, standing on the sidewalk
Baby gonna see the hard luck blues

Baby called me on the phone this morning
Sounding kinda sexy tell the truth
Baby kinda whisper...kinda laugh...and kinda promise
I can always kinda count on hard luck blues

Baby always was that kind of lover
Always make me out that kind of fool
Baby closes all her doors behind her
Baby always was that kind of cool

Baby dances, she don't hide her pleasures
Baby does just what she wants to do
She don't ask me nothing, says she don't need my permission
And we all have had our dose of hard luck blues

My baby always was that kind of spirit
A spirit's such a smokey way to go
Drifting in and out just like the blues across the delta
That's what you're gonna call your hard luck blues

Baby always was that kind of lover
Always make me out that kind of fool
Baby always shuts the light behind her
Baby always was that kind of cool

Baby was a special kind of lover
Always find me talking out of school
Baby never needed no reminder
'Cause Baby always was that kind of cool.

Ed
Yoko/Zushi

Bi-polar molar or Bay City Roller?, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I really like the poem Pleasure & a Curse. It would have been a perfect Eagles song. Are you sure you aren't the fifth Eagle?

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I posted about those guys before. They get me all fired up. I ask for one poem and I get too. You can't beat that. I like um both too. I was thinking I liked Pleasure and Curse better but Baby Was is growning on me and now I'm all confused. Oh well. -Jn

9:30 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I think I read that the Reverend Scumball is also an attorney and has a real scam going. They actually want people to get P.O.'d and physically attack them. Then the Rev. Scumball sues the municipality for damages for failing to protect his constitutional right to demonstrate. He has collected $$ with this strategy. A real piece of sh*t if there ever was one.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home