Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Doha (or Don't-ha... only her hairdresser knows for sure)

So, I had been at my new job about 14 hours when I was informed that I would have to spend next week in Las Vegas. Ummmmm... OK. He said, in fact, that my first few months would be heavy with travel. Again I say, "OK".

So, it seems I must mention Doha, Qatar once again. We may have to train 150 Qatarians (?) to run our machines. I volunteered to go do it. I'm sure most folks are not real keen on the idea of traveling to the middle east right now, so I wanted them to know that I was willing. But more importantly, if you will remember my Leiutenant buddy is headed to Doha for a year. We can meet up and I can buy him a beer. We can bet on camel racing. Or whatever you do in Doha.

Looks like this is going to be a fun job for me. And the pay is good, too. While we're mentioning money, the wife is busy as a one legged man every day. She is going to be raking in the bucks, I can tell. This is just their second week open and already they are booking repeat business. I think that finally income is not the biggest of our worries anymore. However, making time to spend our moola is moving up the list. And if you think about that critically, you will realize it is a much better problem to have than that other one. You know, the involuntary vow of poverty one.

Hopefully, there will be tales from the road.

Going to Carolina in my mind, out
amblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true, having a too much money/not enough time beats the heck out of the opposite.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ed,

Sounds like fun! What airline would a person fly to Doha, anyway? I know what your feeling about the middle east, as I will be instructing for two weeks in South Korea next month. Perhaps not the best time to go to that penninsula...

Pipedragger

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Amen, Gunner.

P'Draggy,
I take any travel I can get. I have hated sitting this still. And with this company, there's no shore patrol watches to stand when you get there.

R'Ed

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home