Tuesday, October 24, 2006

PDT (An update)

I had forgotten the nice things about Pacific Time. Such as Monday Night Football coming on at the sensible hour of 5:30 PM. We are working at the airport from 0500 to 1330, so I was able to watch football all the way and still be in bed before 9 PM.

We are right off the strip in this hotel, with the Las Vegas Hard Rock right across the street. I ate a BBQ samwihch there, which was a bit expensive. But I did sit beneath Brian Setzer's git-fiddle, so I guess the expense was worth it. Unless you're going, "Brian who?" And then I guess it wasn't. On the other side of us is UNLV and the Thomas & Mack Center where the Runnin' Rebels play. I can see Tark chewing on his towel as I speak.The only other thing I've seen here in America's playground was a sandwhich shop in the back of a liquor store that has humongus $5.50 foot-long subs. Good eating! And on the way out, I had to pick up a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey. AGT is the only one that I suspect will recognize that. No, not calling him an alkie. Calling him a Kentuckian.
Hope to get out tomorrow to buy the wife some jewelry. Something nice, but $500 or less. All I worry about is making her think I'm going to do that on every trip. I really just want to say thanks for being (somewhat) patient (sometimes) while I got my feet under me and landed a decent job. Counting pennies was difficult on us after the life we had been accustomed to.

Looks like we'll be in for a week and then off to Houston. Or Tulsa. Or both. Just glad I didn't throw away all of my coats. Just may need them after all. I'm finding Nevada a bit chilly. Hey, I may get to change my name back to Travelin' Ed if this keeps up.

Looking for a grand adventure tomorrow. Think I'll tote the camera.

Daytime operator rates + a 40% hotel surcharge, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're readapting to being on the road again with no problem at all.

I think one of the biggies, like Brown & Forman makes Buellit. I don't know if I've drank that one (back in my drinking days).

Next time, try a Evan Williams Single Barrel, if you can find it. Pricey, but oh so smoooooooooooth. :-)

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home