Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Time zoned


Travelin' Ed is getting his body clock adjusted slower than normal, but I'm coming around. I got up at 0430, which is about normal for a day I can sleep in. Before you tsk-tsk me, if I didn't get up way early I'd never get enough quiet time to post. My roommate can be kinda high maintenance.

Just returned from checking all my favorite blogs. Man, those guys have been prolific. And AI has become quite the storyteller. Back in the day he'd have 2 comments on a post, somebody (often me) writitng, "nice post" and him saying, "Thanks". Now he routinely has 7, 9 or 13 comments. The dude's on fire. I can't compete either. I got no bear stories. Chicks dig bear stories.

I am proud to announce that I now have an ice maker. While I plan to maintain the skills to fill an ice tray and manually place it into the left hand (or freezer) side of the big white kitchen machine, I don't have to do it. But realistically, if we have a hurricane and the power goes out, I can't expect an ice machine to keep working. Just ain't reasonable. But chances are, unless we are blown off the map and straight outta Florida, that it will still be hot and humid*. If that is the case I will make manual ice as a declaration of my self-sufficient self.

The cigar tree is awesome, and more than makes up for the loss of the cigar porch. In fact, I enjoyed sharing the shade with a couple of cardinals yesterday, even if they kinda sucked for conversation.

I am also having to get used to seeing critters when I look up from what I'm doing. I just glanced off from the keyboard to ponder a thought (well, ok, to NURTURE a thought) and had to do a little mental jump back. As worldly as I am, and I'm damn worldly thank you, I am not used to having a gekko on the dining room chair, and certianly not used to having one gazing at me menacingly (insert menacing duck flashback here). Plus, the little suckers look amazingly similar to alligators when you first see them and before your brain registers good. Yeah, tiny alligators, I'll give you that. But your brain ain't really expecting ANY alligators in the dining room now is it? Or is it?

Which reminds me. In Riegelwood, NC, back when we were in a church group called The Royal Ambassadors (or RA, as we referred to ourselves) we would catch one, or even better, two, of the many gekkos that inhabited the social building and hang them from our earlobes. Gekko earrings. Chicks dig 'em. Chicks, apparently, dig a lot of things.

So there you have it. AI's got the the bear and K9 stories and you come to me for tales of gekko. That, and I have a link to the Paris Hilton burger commercial. Ya wanna shake with that?

Wandering **, out (I accidentally left the RaWo-Matic in Japan)
Travelin' Ed

* Or as they say in N'awlins, "IT AIN'T THE HEAT. IT'S THE STUPIDITY."

** Nasus, Do you remember "ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG" t-shirts?

4 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Sorry but the memberer dont but then I mighta been too deep in the fog-ha. Glad to hear that you are getting a bit centered- it will take time and stuff to get settled but that will all come.

Im glad to hear that DRE showed up and shared the cigar tree with you. Just watch out for menacing midget alligators. Somewhere I have a really great pic of JN with them hanging from her earlobes but I cant get Hello to send pics right now- I am sad over that one cause I got some great Idaho stuffs. Tell DRE I said hi.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

You got it, sister. I'll see him and his wife Saturday night. He'll be picking and I'll be grinning.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Ed. Thanks to A.I., I've developed a fetish for jungle boots. Throw some photos of those up here and I'm sure the girls will line up. :-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Welcome home non-Traveling Ed. Woulda welcomed you sooner, but have not been 'puting much these past few days. Bizzy, bizzy, bizzy.

But again, welcome home!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home