Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Well, well, well


First things first. Got that cup of Joe. Gotta love Wal-Mart. Who knew you could get a 12 cup coffee maker for $9 and some change? So-o-o good. And it's a Sunbeam. Whatever that means. It'll do until the Cuisinart arrives.

Took the front tire off my riding mower, put a tube in it, and after about 4 hours of trying to put it back on re-remembered that I am not a man destined to be known for working with his hands. Plus, I had not been expecting it to be 90- a thousand degrees outside. Don't mock me, it's been a long time since I lived in Florida. I was bound to forget something about the place.

I have a huge amount of yard work to get to. Some has been put off for years it looks like. Apparently, my git-up-and-go was packed with my household goods, because it wasn't anywhere around here today. Plus, it was like 90-a thousand degrees outside. I was scoping out the bushes, marveling at the sheer number of lizards living there. There probably used to be more before the black snake moved in. I explained to him that he was free to live there, but that I was going to be trimming the growth a little bit. He'll see.

There's a frog living in the rock work on the end of my house. He blends in pretty good. However, he never moved all day. I have a working assumption he is nocturnal or something. If he still hasn't moved in the morning I will probably report that I have a dead frog in the rock work on the end of my house.

Still don't have the time or energy to recount the goat roping that was my journey home. I am pleased to announce though that I now have all of my luggage back. They delivered it which is amazingly simple when you don't have an armed military policeman at the gate running interference. Apparently, if you're a civilain they just drive up to your house and give it to you.

I was very pleasantly surprised at all of the emails and comments from all of you guys during my move. Thanks, it was cool.

Right now I'm going a hundred miles an hour with little visible progress. I think though, in the next couple of days we'll see things taking shape. Hard to do too terribly much without furniture, appliances, tools, dishes, etc. But we do some.

I admit it. I'm one boring dude.

Oh, I tested sitting out under the cigar tree today. Nice. I can dig it. I can see me writing under it. I can see DRE, who I visited with tonight, bringing his guitar out there, too. Maybe we'll write some new songs. It'll be easier here, far away from the menacing ducks.

Travelin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am jealous of all of your backyard creatures. we just have bugs-mean ones. -Jn

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home