Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The choice is up to you...

... Cuz they come in two classes: Dark sunshades and cheap sunglasses. Oh yeah. Old ZZ Top was pretty good. Newer stuff was funky but oh so forgettable.

I will be trying on a new job for size next Friday. If I like it, and I pass the evaluation of my apptitude for it, they are looking at promoting me to the position in a little while. It's in the QA department. Yeah buddy, sitting around all day telling other people what they are doing wrong. I'm a natural for the job.

We also were in training at work about how to find out more information before we begin to troubleshoot, so we have a better idea of what is wrong and how to try to fix it. But they said we have to be polite and patient about it and more or less "have their permission" to continue. Those are called probing questions. I feel I am pretty good at it already but I am always willing to improve. So I wrote a little script and taped it to my computer until I have it memorized. It's simple, to the point, and solicits their permission. So, after they get started:

Member: It don't work. I can't connect. I don't know nothin' about computers.
R' Ed: I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind if I probe you?

As I get older I have noticed less instances of shooting milk out of my nose because I laughed so hard. I think it comes with maturity, which I have in abundance. I'm like a dang maturity factory outlet.

Yard Update: Put the tomato seedlings in the ground yesterday. they're tiny. I grow them from seed. Because I can. Next, I plant the chives.

Road Update: After removing our road then putting down new dirt and compacting it with a machine that literally shook our whole house like a Japanese earthquake, 5.0 or below, of course, I believe they have decided that they did a very good job. So good, in fact, that they should just take a week or two to drive over every day and stare at it, marveling in it's craftmanship or something. They are pretty punctual for people who don't appear to be doing anything. For some reason, it reminds me of a couple of my navy jobs. Not sure why.

Thinking about Bhuddism and I was wondering. After being a human, what if in the next life I was to come back as, say a carrot. Would I know that I was in another life and that this time I was a vegetable? Does being a vegetable suck, or is it really kinda peaceful? If it was not peaceful or if it turned out to be excruciatingly boring, how does a carrot go about killing itself? Call a rabbit?

Why is polygomy illegal? I could see an insurance company making an extra set of rules to deal with coverage of a polygamist's hugely extended family. But why, exactly, is it a crime? And let's take the extremes out of the equation, like some of the "wives" are thirteen years old or that it's more a cult than a family. Why shouldn't five or six adults be able to all be married to each other?

Now, as I think about it more, why does polygamy afflict mostly men? I think it is because we think differently than women. A man thinks like, "One wife is a thorn in my side. She don't want me to do nothing fun, spends all my money, and forces me to rearrange perfectly good furniture patterns in the house. Hmmmm... but now if I had six wives, well, that would be a whole lot better." I believe a woman kinda looks at it like, "I'm tired of carrying this one husband like a monkey on my back. I just keep him around to get stuff off the top shelf for me. Who the heck wants more of them????"

Anyway, those are my not so deep thoughts for the day.

So many great stars have died recently, and yet Liza Minelli is still around. Out,
Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Best of the greatest luck with the new position, Ed.

I feel the same way. Why is Polygamy Illegal? What's so immoral about it? Why is it a stigma? If a man can love two or more consenting woemn, then more power to them. They complain we don't care enough, it's about dumb.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Women I meant...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I wish I could plant tomatoes from seedlings. There is currently six inches of snow on the ground and it is still falling. It was fun getting to work this mornging though...

8:07 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Is turnip season over down there?

Turnips... always a quandry here on the GunTrash estate... when do you plant the turnips? Too early, and the seeds don't do well... too late and they get pithy and tough in hot weather... course the greens is still good... but I can't do 'em unless they're young and tender... turnip greens, that is.


... for the unwashed, those are known as ellipses, although technically, I don't use that way.

9 ***king letters! No, no that's wrong... the 2 V's is actually a W... whew!

BTW, a good Ramblin' post there, Ramblin' Ed.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its illegal because they think domestic abused (and cases of murder) would increase. And I mean when you think about it statistically you are right. You shove too many women in one house and someone is going to get testy and the more women there are the more chances for testyness. Two just might be too many. -Jn

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home