Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fear me for I am, ummm, Barney

You Are Barney
You could have been an intellectual leader...

Instead, your whole life is an homage to beer

You will be remembered for: your beautiful
singing voice and your burps

Your life philosophy: "There's nothing like beer to give you that inflated sense of self-esteem."

Wellll... I took the Simpson's Personality Quiz on Gunner's site and came up with this. I'm not sure it's entirely true. I knew it was gonna be skewed when none of the answers in the multiple choice really applied. Being Barney surprised me. I figured I was headed for a Ned Flanders or Comic Book Guy score.

I spent 90 minutes on the phone with a lady yesterday trying to fix her computer. Remember, we are aiming for 8-10 minutes per call. She could not for the life of her double click ANYTHING. She'd try then tell me it wouldn't work. The kicker was me spending 15 minutes trying to get her to understand how to use the scroll bar so we could move the view in the pane up about an inch. Try describing the location, function and use of a scroll bar more than one way. See? There's really only one way to say it. Eventually I waited while she went and found her son to show her how. Just goes to show you kiddies, just because you have a Masters Degree (she did) doesn't mean... well, in this case, diddly.


I am going to 2 schools simultaneously. Online College and Nail and Skin Care school. Not really what I signed up for. But I sat down Thursday night with the wife and helped her study, and by study I of course mean read the assignment for her, highlighted the important parts, and then spoon fed it back to her using more common words. She aced her test on Friday, so guess what. Every night now I have another cosmetology lesson to read. Did chapter two last night. I just keep my eye on the additional income we'll have to leave at Family Dollar once she starts working again. Mmmm... cheap crap we don't need. Dee-licious.

Actually, getting back to the Simpson's for a moment, in nineteen years on television, does anybody remember Lisa ever having a boyfriend? Sure, once their was a crush on a teacher. And she had that thing for Bleeding Gums Murphy. But I don't think she's ever had a boy friend. Couple that with her feminist views and I'm thinking Lisa is headed for a future that includes a life partner and/or lots of cats.

I took a new shift that is four ten hour days. I will work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday and have Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off. The Thursday and Friday off coincide with my brother's days off, so I liked that. All three of my days off are days that Nong has school. After she graduates, they are days she should be working. I tell you that to tell you this. It looks like I will have some of the quiet that I need to play with my rhymes more often. I wrote three last week and only had one day to myself. Imagine if I had three.

No news of the weird or nothing today. I am beat down from the two schools plus job. No, verily, I am going through the beat down.

By the way, when I did the quiz on AI's site, I got this. It seems a little closer to the truth, although that could just be because it doesn't make me out a doofus who can burp out a song. Anyway:

Your Hidden Talent
You are a great communicator. You have a real way with words.
You're never at a loss to explain what you mean or how you feel.
People find it easy to empathize with you, no matter what your situation.
When you're up, you make everyone happy. But when you're down, everyone suffers.


Don't lean on me man 'cause you can't afford the ticket back to Suffragette City, out

Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Ed, there is no test that can properly explain you. You are an entity unto yourself and you are like the conclusion of a good visa commercial- PRICELESS!!!! and I would explect perfectly formed cuticle from now on too!! Be Blessed today my friend.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

90 minute scroll bar lesson? You must be a very patient man R' Ed.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home