Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hunnhhh !!

I'm a pretty simple guy. I like to rhyme words. I look forward to mowing the grass. I like to sit under a tree in the shade and nap. I like gadgets, but there aren't any that I have just for the sake of having. Like the car's GPS. I bought it because one day the wife was going to call from the car and tell me , "I don't know where I am", and I was eventually going to respond with a, "I don't know where you are, too." So I progrmmed in HOME and showed her how to use it. Now, even if she's in another state, she can hit the button HOME and a soothing robot voice will guide her back.

The GPS is actually a more useful tool than I had expected. When Mike was down this weekend, instead of drawing a map and trying to explain landmarks, I just tossed him the GPS and showed him how to turn it on. He and his family were then able to go to Busch Gardens, and a couple of other places, easily.

They have that show Unan1mous coming on tonight. Not sure about it. I like most of the reality shows, although I have abandoned The Bachelor(ette), Nanny shows, and the ridiculous wife swap shows. Meet your new mommy...pshaw!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the '50s night on American Idol last night. I like Mandisa and Paris. A lot! I love the silver headed dude, although I always forget his name. But he's a keeper. However, the one I thought stole the show last night, and really grabbed my attention and changed my mind, was the bald dude and his personalized rendition of I Walk The Line. Man, oh man... who knew that would make such a killer rock song?

Nothing for you today. It's my weekend and I usually post nothing, but today I was a little more organized. I have also eaten breakfast, read two newspapers and gotten some luggage from the attic. I usually don't get any of that done on a weekend. I usually just wander around in the yard thinking, "Man, I really like sunshine."

Oh yeah. Cole Minor's Dotter, was that the funky lines from War's Low Rider that you were alluding to in your last post? If not, the song got stuck in my head anyway. And then, like it always does, got me going on the song Me and Baby Brother. I get hung up on the opening shout out: Me and baby brother/Used to run together. Of course, I sing it more like: Me and baby brother/Hunnhhh/Used to run together. See the difference in attititude?



Kills germs on contact, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I bought a GPS a few years ago but it has turned mostly into a dust collector. I just don't use it as much as I thought I would. Of course mine doesn't talk or give directions. How cool is that?

I don't know if I will watch Unanimous tonight or not. I'm afraid it will end up like Deal or No Deal which to me is terribly boring. It wasn't no Survivor!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have this one chair in the penthouse... It had legs until Tybo owned it... Now it is the lowrider... and it has it's own theme song...that gets stuck in my head on a daily basis...

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home