Saturday, April 08, 2006

Actually, I am not a germophope either.

I am not homosexual. I am not homophobic (anymore). I am also not a homonymn. So... that does about sum it up. However, something happened this morning that I just cannot seem to put into any neat little box. It is more like trying to fit a pink ribbon shaped peg into a rainbow colored hole. And it has me perplexed.

I was watching Will & Grace this morning, which I quite enjoy. For some reason though, the thought of watching Brokeback Mountian appalls me. That is probably another psychoanalysis for another time, though. Anyway, something happened on the show that quite mesmerized me. Here I was, a decidedly straight guy watching an openly gay show with a heavy dose of "I want me some of that!!"

Huh?? I want me some of that? I wasn't real sure I wanted to hear me say it, but, though you may try to feel otherwise, you feel what you feel. The heart wants what the heart wants. And my heart definately wanted Will's mom's kitchen in her house in Connecticut. It was spacious. It was chrome and steel. It was vegetables and wine and huge food preparation surfaces. It was copper cookware and recessed wine storage. It was awesome.

Sure, Karen's boobs are large and bouncy. But there are lot's of boobs in the world. Sure, Jack cracks me up. Yet funny little gay dudes who can't act are not that difficult to find. But a kitchen like that, well, now that you don't see every day. Thank you Will & Grace for showing me that kitchen. You may now resume your regularly scheduled double entendre.

Not "out" out, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Except for the "tent scene" that made me a little uncomfortable, I thought Brokeback Mountain to be an excellent movie and worthy of it's awards. Having said that, I saw it with my pregnant wife sitting right next to me so I felt sure that all bystanders would be assured of my manhood.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home