Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dancing's why she came


Edges 6 April, 2006

It's all right there behind me

what I left before I went
Promises too slippery

to break, or even bend

I have never been much better

than I ever had the right

to be born again
out in the morning light

Lord knows what a difference
that a few degrees can make

Your soul melts down into your shoes
as your reasons slip away
I can walk you home past midnight

I can walk that line alright

The heat it makes
a love that lasts all night

Colors dancing swirling on the sun

Devil's taunted me since time begun

Gun in my back pocket.

Rose, she never knew no blame.

Dancin' twirlin' gypsy in the rain


Colors dancing swirling on the sun

Hot as sin again out on the run

The Devil called me out, I know

That Rose, she knew no blame

Dancin' like she came for just the same.

Ther
e's been a mask I've worn
Since I could say my name

With a smile that'll drop you where you stand

but it ain't nothing more than paint
I ain't never been forgiving
I ain't never been the type

to be holding when the morning breaks it's light

I think I've had me 'bout enough

of this hard, hard living stuff

Think I might just pick a Rose
and settle down
Like a gypsy, has her moments

Like a gypsy,has her edges

Like a gypsy,
makes a love that steals the night

Colors dancing swirling on the sun
Nothing for me but trouble since I begun

With a gun in my back pocket

Rose, she never knew no blame

Dancing. Spinning in the summer's rain.


Colors dancing swirling on the sun

The devil grinning at me everywhere I turn
Mercy! I'm on fire tonight

Rose, she never felt so right

Dancing because dancing's why she came

Dancing

because dancing's why she came


Ed
Brandon, FL

1 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

So is there some unspoken contest between you and Jn to see who can #1 put my writing to shame, and B. totally blow me away with your writings??? Cause the two of you are so doing it. Oh well, I can still quilt better then either of you-nanner,nanner.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home