Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I've been gone... but so have you

Sorry. Been busy. The job is going well, but taking a lot of time. And I spend a lot of my afternoon parked in traffic trying to get home, blasting Kid Rock as loud as I can take it and muttering, unconvincingly to myself, "Don't... hate... other.... motorists. Must... not... KILL THEM!!"

Also, the social calendar has gotten pretty full, with a lot of parties and nights on the town on the weekends. That's not all bad. We're going to see (what's left of) Molly Hatchett and Toto this weekend and eat BBQ at Ribfest in St. Pete.

Still, have been finding time for this: He did not die in vain, for he became lunch for a Filipina friend. In case you're wondering, he fell for an orange/yellow crank bait. A pretty large crank bait, at that.

Give this link a whirl. It's fun: http://ww2.howmanyofme.com/ You just enter your name and... well, it's pretty self explanatory.

Well, I made sure I voted. Too bad. Not too bad I voted... too bad I'm surrounded by idiots. I don't begrudge anyone their choice of candidate, much the same as I don't begrudge someone their choice of spouses... to each his own. But when it comes to amendments... well, C'MON!!

How can any sane person look at failed policies and go, "Hmmm. This has driven up the cost of everything. But maybe if we just apply more of the same, only DOUBLE it, it'll work better. Gadzooks! Um, I'm harping on local issues, the homestead exemption to be exact. I didn't vote with national issues in mind here at the mid-terms, although I understand that many did.

We had on the ballot for County Commissioner a Republican, an Independent, and a Strip Club Owner. Yes, that's how they were portrayed. The club owner was, by the way, a Democrat. And he was also, by the way again, the only one who had successfully run businesses in the county, despite, not because of, the current local government. So, of course, we elected whoever claimed to be a closer personal friend of Jesus because here in Eastern Hillsborough County that's how we pick 'em. No experience... No grasp of the issues... No problem. Just remember to point out these three things: God likes me better, It's for the children (Hmmm...really? The children have been clamoring for fiscal insolvency? Interesting.), and, The other guy will allow gay people and gambling... IN THE OPEN.

Pain is just a gauge against which pleasure's weighed
Now you're living in the life you've made, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Nice Fish! I voted so now I have the right to bitch an dI just might. Glad to hear that work is going well. Molly Hatchett- been there done that and smoked some while at it. Things change huh. Daughter and I havent shaken those ramblin' blues yet and are now in Chicago till next week.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah,

I voted, also, to put down about a dozen propositions in CA. About 8 were bond issues for something or other, I simply say NO to more tax burden. Half the bond issues passed, so CA goes farther in debt and more government to monitor that debt. I gotta leave this state Ed,

Pipedragger

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeedy, Edward. We are surrounded by idiots, no doubt about that. On the road, in the polling places, in the checkout lane, at the Dept of Motor Vehicles counter, et cetera, et cetera. I am amazed at times how this country does as well as it does.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home