Friday, July 29, 2005

360


No. I wish I were talking about degrees. Then I wouldn't be talking about how much my trip to the commissary cost me. And this was after I had mom spend the last 8 months buying 1 staple and 1 cleaning supply item on each trip she took to the store. So I already had mops, brooms, detergents, cleaners and the like. We also had all the stuff like ketchup, mustard, mayo, coffee, milk, eggs, etc. You know, the staples.

Today, about 10 AM, we'll head on up to Orlando to get our car. We had ordered it with all the bells and some of the whistles that we wanted, and let them ship it to Orlando for us to come pick up. Trusting folk that we are, we've never seen it. In fact, other than looking it up on the internet after I'd ordered it, I've never seen one. Never seen mine nor anyone else's as this model did not exist when I left the country. I told the guy I was going to buy a Grand Am and he said this had replaced them so I bought it. Turns out G6 just means 6th Generation, as in the 6th generation of Grand Am. New body style and larger wheelbase, yada, yada, yada. We got a big ol' sunroof and 6 speaker XM. That's the important stuff.

I look like I was in a fight with one pissed off feline or even more pissed off woman. I have long scratches up and down most of my body. Of course, Ed, the travelin' sub-genius is gardening in a semi-tropical climate in shorts, sleeveless T and flip flops.

I went to trim a bouganvilla bush (they gots stickers and thorns and are NOT afraid to use them) and the durn thing was grown out so twisted up that some other branch would always be holding the branch I had just trimmed in place. So I'd snip another and it too would be being held in place by this huge support group of like minded branches. Long story short, you can now call that bush "Stumpy". Took the space formerly occupied by said Mr. Stumpy and put in the start of my herb garden. Rosemary, Basil and Thai pepper.

I'm gonna let this time tag just go crazy again. I have the time set for Brandon, but for some reason, XP only offers me the Japan time zone when I go to set date and time. So everything is tagged wrong. I know it, but cant change it. For some reason that little inconvienence is screwing up my internal library on my anti-virus, which depends on a date and time tag for something, and is now all up in arms because they never match up. Dang! Between that and the lawnmower wheel I took off and, 3 days later, still haven't gotten back on, I'm turning out to be the Tim "Tool Time" Taylor of home ownership. And...there's other stuff that's just too embarrassing to share.

Poem post follows Homeowner Ed post. So, to quote Astro Jetson, "Ruh roh."

Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Those are pretty cool paintings. I realy dig that tattoo Chic. I mean the chic on the Tattoo, not chics with Tattoos. Don't feel bad about the Home Ownership deal. I have my own stories of those natures.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I was looking up tattoo art for something or another and found this gals gallery. I really liked them so I intend to use all 8 or 10 then go look for something else.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tomorrow we do much the same thing at the marsh house. All of LL's hippy friends (I dont know if they are hippies but its more fun to thin of them that way) are coming down and Lord knows what kind of trouble we will get ourselves into trying to move her out of the house that I rent and into the barn that she thinks she wants to live in. We will have to swap stories-Jn

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home